PDA

View Full Version : Kylie Minogue's X-rated return

OMEN
10-23-2007, 05:59 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/335729.jpg
SEXING IT UP: Kylie Minogue is upping the sex appeal as she eyes a return to the top of the pop charts.
Kylie Minogue is about to unleash her steamiest album yet, upping the raunch factor on her much-anticipated album, X.

Although there is still a veil of secrecy over Minogue's 10th album - with sneak media listening sessions being rolled out in Sydney over the next fortnight - reports from Britain suggest Minogue has unleashed her sexy side.

Lyrics on the new album include some rather eye-popping (or should that be zipper-popping?) declarations from the petite superstar: "Time to strip down/Just pop that zipper for me and work that thing out/Just expose it" sings Minogue on one track, titled Nu-di-ty.

Other lyrics are similarly direct, the British reports have revealed. "Damn right, I have my radar on you/So let's get physical/I want to, I want to", she sings.

There is a major dance focus, with critics predicting Minogue will dominate dance floors for months to come, but there are also some romantic ballads and heartfelt reflective tracks.

"The theme of comeback album X, is sex, sex and, OK, a bit of romance, too," British reviewer Kim Dawson wrote for the Daily Star.

"Olivier Martinez will be kicking himself that he let the sizzling singer slip through his fingers, as Kylie is keen on between-the-sheets action now she's back to her pop star best," she wrote.

Although there has been speculation Minogue was making a reference to her late, former lover Michael Hutchence by naming the album X (an INXS album of the same name featured a song about Minogue), there is plenty to suggest this is an album about her long-term relationship with Martinez, who helped her throughout her battle with cancer.

"Love me, love me, love me ... I'm the one," she sings on The One, the reports say.

Minogue will release X late next month, with the first single, 2 Hearts, due out early next month. She is expected to announce a global tour shortly afterward.

SunHerald