PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Threatens to Terminate Xbox Live Cheaters

OMEN
11-01-2007, 10:31 AM
The Xbox Live community manager reminds fraudulent Xbox users that account sharing and Gamerscore tampering will result in a lifetime ban from the service.
Major Nelson, Xbox Live community manager, reminded fraudulent Xbox users on Tuesday that account sharing and Gamerscore tampering will result in having one's account banned for life from the service.

"If you run into that person in Halo 3 who claims if they could have your LIVE ID name and password to recover your Xbox LIVE account to their Xbox and they'll rank you up or find you all the hidden skulls in Halo 3, I urge you not to fall to temptation," warns Nelson on his company blog.

"While it may be appealing, in addition to violating the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use, it can also result in you permanently losing your account... Canceled. As in you can never get it back."

Similar repercussions would be felt by those who artificially tampering with their Gamerscore or Achievements says Nelson.

"If you use tampered gamesaves to boost your Achievements and Gamerscore, you may sign in to Xbox LIVE one day and discover that we have removed your Gamerscore. Once we do that, you will never be able to re-earn those achievements on that account. Even worse, you might have your account and/or console banned from Xbox Live."

GamePro

Dark Drakan
11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
So they should cheaters like that are violating the terms of service.

Big Evil
11-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Yeah, these punks are a reluctant part of the community, and I for one would rather have them all gone. It's their fault in the end, they have no one to blame but themselves. I can't see how it can be rewarding to know that you have cheated, and that you really aren't as good as everyone else might think you are. Good riddance is what I say, and don't try and come back!

Budweizer38
02-04-2008, 03:38 AM
good, i would boot them from online play all together.
as always though, the cheaters will just find another way to cheat.

Big Evil
02-04-2008, 06:28 AM
lol way to bring back a three-month-old thread! Still, you have a point there.

JohnCenaFan28
02-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Ban them, cheaters suck... Modifying stats etc. on your account is unfair to everyone else who actually earned it...:no: