PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Talks About Cena's Injury, Delay In Austin Dvd, And More

Black Widow
11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
JIM ROSS TALKS ABOUT CENA'S INJURY, DELAY IN AUSTIN DVD, BROCK LESNAR IN UFC, ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER'S HOUSE OF RIBS & CHINESE FOOD AND MORE

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog entry, which you can check out by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/11/02/bar-b-qed-feedback-from-all-over-the-world/) Some wrestling highlights from this edition:

- Candice is doing well and misses her friends and fans on the road. She will be fine in a few weeks.

- Cena’s pec tear was somewhat more serious then Edge’s injury to the same body part but make no mistake they were both serious pieces of business.

- Steve Austin’s DVD release was delayed due to the DVD release of “The Condemned” which is doing awesome biz in DVD sales and rentals. It is a helluva DVD.

- Santino Marella is a very entertaining character and seems to have a natural comedic wit. He has been a pleasant surprise.

- One would assume that the WWE will continue to monetize the WCW library to its fullest as times goes on including multiple DVD releases in the future. As a matter of fact you can count on it but it’s not going to occur over night.

- The Undertaker is one of the most private men in the biz and him writing a book is a long shot and I never see it happening while he is still active.

- I applaud Brock Lesnar for apparently negotiating a viable deal with the UFC and wish him well but it won’t be easy for Brock as he will be a marked man to say the least. The guy who firsts K.O.’s Lesnar or makes him tap will have some serious bragging rights and will immediately increase that individual’s marketability. Expectations for Lesnar will be high in MMA and it will be interesting to see how that matter is handled by Brock and the UFC.

- I concur…Capitol Combat w/ Robocop sucked. I’m happy it just wasn’t my opinion. Any time a wrestler wins a cage match via disqualification it border lines on wrestling insanity.

- Why isn’t Tony Garea in the WWE HOF? Good question….I think it may be because the “older people” on the “selection committee” are jealous of Anthony’s full head of hair but that’s just one man’s opinion. Tony was an especially talented tag team wrestler in all seriousness and still has 50 cents of the first dollar he ever earned which many wrestlers past and present cannot say.

- Yes I have knowledge of Jim Cornette’s Halloween Wedding and Mrs. J.R. and I were invited. J.C. is one of the best minds ever in the biz and is arguably the best manager of all time with Bobby Heenan being 1A at worst. We wish J.C. and his bride nothing but happiness as they will certainly never have many dull moments knowing Jim as I do.

- I never say never regarding Hulk wrestling again the in the WWE but it doesn’t seem too likely at this time. I agree that Hogan fans would love to see him come back to the WWE if only for a one off match or a handful of matches. However, Hulk wrestling elsewhere other than the WWE seems akin to Tom Brady not playing QB in the NFL.

- Abdullah’s place in Atlanta (Peachtree City) is excellent I am told but I have not eaten there since he has moved it to the current locale. When I ate at his place years ago it was really good….ribs and Chinese food….quite the combo. Abby is one of a kind for sure and parlayed his straight ahead, no nonsense style into years of main events.

- I can only assume that DH Smith wears both the UK and Canadian flags on his wrestling rights to honor both his father and his mother’s homelands and his heritage.

Ross touches on a number of other topics in his blog, which you can check out by clicking here. (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/2007/11/02/bar-b-qed-feedback-from-all-over-the-world/)