PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar's First UFC Opponent Announced!

Flair Country
11-06-2007, 08:53 PM
UFC.com announced that Brock Lesnar will make his UFC debut against
fomer UFC World Heavyweight champion Frank Mir at UFC 81 on 2/2/08 in
Las Vegas.

This is a fight I did not see coming. Everyone thought the UFC would
match Lesnar against someone who is not really good at one area. Mir's
BJJ is as good or better then Lesnar's wrestling. Mir is a guy that
Lesnar can not expect to lay on top of for three rounds to win a
decision because Mir will catch him in a submission.

Gerweck

Punisher
11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Why did he leave wrestling nothing is working out for him. He was destroyed in MMA if i am not mistaken and now he is probally going to lose in UFc.

jond81
11-06-2007, 11:23 PM
actually he won his first match, but it wasn't much of a test for him. Lesnar's got insane potential, mainly because of his wrestling skills. he could be the next Mark Coleman, if that actually means anything haha

Mir's got great BJJ, but he's not the same fighter he was when he was champion. crazy things have happend in the UFC this year, so you never know.

I wonder if this will end the same way Sylvia/Mir did...

Will
11-09-2007, 03:09 AM
The rumors heading in to the announcement were that it was going to be a hand picked jobber to put Lesnar over in his debut and, judging from Mirs efforts since the accident, it will probably end up that way but Mir has a good chance of pulling out the win if he can show up in his pre accident form. I doubt it will happen though and this is probably the best match Dana could have made and will allow Lesnar the best opportunity to claim to have beaten a former world champion in his debut.

JohnCenaFan28
11-09-2007, 05:24 AM
Glad to hear.

the madscotsman
11-09-2007, 04:24 PM
normally they throw some jobber to they new big signings. not Lesnar he gets Frank Mir. Dana white realy does hate pro wrestlers

Will
11-10-2007, 06:06 AM
So your expecting Mir to be closer to pre accident shape rather than after accident shape?

Velvet_Revolver963
12-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Mir looked good in his last fight and this will be a good match-up to main event that ppv especially since this is a must win for lesnar.

LOOK_AT_THIS_I
12-10-2007, 04:32 AM
brock is a beast but Mir looked pretty good in his last fight...if Brock throws down then this will be his ticket to fame. If he gets beat this is probably the last time you will see Brock on a ufc card. Lesnar has the tools, wrestling and pure strength and if he has perfected a few chokes down or maybe an arm bar/a few counters to sub's then he should be good to go. Not very often another man taps out while getting punched in the first round...lol...HERE COMES THE PAIN !

The Mac
12-29-2007, 11:44 AM
brock will destroy frank mir in the first round
he is just too big and too strong for mir to handle
he will punch him and then just jump on him and get the tap out due to strikes
or the ref will stop it

the svrman
01-02-2008, 04:30 PM
lesnars gonna be awsome in the ufc cant wait to see him go against mir how long has he been gone out of wwe

Will
01-05-2008, 02:31 AM
lesnars gonna be awsome in the ufc cant wait to see him go against mir how long has he been gone out of wwe

He wrestled his last match for the WWE at Wrestlemania 20 on March 14 2004.