PDA

View Full Version : Paris renews modelling contract

OMEN
11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Seoul - US socialite Paris Hilton said Friday she has renewed her contract to represent a South Korean sportswear giant and hopes to extend her own fashion business here.

"I am very excited to be here. I think the Korean market is great for me," the 27-year-old heiress to the Hilton hotel empire told reporters.

Hilton arrived in Seoul on Wednesday from Tokyo, where she had been a judge in a beauty contest.

She was invited by Fila Korea, the sport wear maker she has represented since March. The value of her one-year contract has been estimated at $1m.

Hilton has appeared in the taping of a local television entertainment programme wearing a traditional Korean gown.

Fila Korea said Hilton would host a charity party on Friday night with Korean celebrities at a club in Seoul's fashionable Apgujeong district.

The company refused to give details. Newspapers said the guest list includes Korean actors and singers as well as American pop star Beyonce Knowles, who arrived on Thursday for her first concert here.

Plan to 'grow up'

Hilton was in June jailed for violating probation over an alcohol-related reckless driving conviction.

She emerged from prison declaring that incarceration had changed her and that she planned to "grow up."

She declared herself not much bothered by excessive media attention.

"Basically I know they are doing their job. Everybody has their job to do. So I respect that," she said.

"I just live my life how I do and don't let it bother me, even though it can get out of control sometimes."

AFP