PDA

View Full Version : Millie Elder splits with partner

OMEN
11-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Millie Elder - reformed P addict and daughter of media legend Paul Holmes - has split from the lover she featured with in a tell-all woman's magazine feature last week.

In the six-page Woman's Day spread "Lies, Stealing & Kicking My P Habit" Millie, 19, gushes about her romance with Auckland builder James Mail, 21, who she met in rehab.

"We can't say the love word yet, so it's, `I like, like, like you a lot'," she says.

But on Friday, Millie told Sunday News she and James had agreed to go their separate ways after he said he could not handle the glare of the media attention.

And she also laughed off claims she was in a lesbian affair, after her entry in her Facebook page says she liked both men and women and is in a "relationship" with model and socialite Rebecca Coddington, 21.

Waipukurau-born Rebecca's Facebook page also lists her as being in a "relationship" with Millie.

"I fricken luv u!" says an entry from Rebecca on Millie's page on the social networking website.

"Missing you sexbeast," says an entry from Millie to Rebecca.

But Millie told Sunday News the "relationship" entries were "just a joke".

"We are best mates. We are really, really close. But we just put that out as a joke," she said.

Rebecca, a model on TV3's Deal or No Deal, also told Sunday News she said she was in a "relationship" with Millie on her Facebook page as a prank.

"The relationship with Millie Holmes is just a joke we did on Facebook," she said. "We're friends and we just did it for a laugh.

"It's not a serious relationship."

Rebecca and Millie met a year ago at a club and had remained "good friends".

"Millie has been so good turning her life around ... and she has been really supportive to me," Rebecca said.

In 1999, Sunday News revealed how Millie's stepmother Paul Holmes' wife Deborah had posed for a sexy lingerie shoot in a raunchy men's magazine and admitted to having slept with other women.

"It's different, nice," Deborah, 36, said at the time.

"It's more mental with women, more about finding the different levels."

Millie heiress to the Holmes fortune who recently pleaded guilty to a range of drugs charges and sought help from a rehabilitation clinic had been living with James at his parents' Onehunga villa while they holidayed in America.

She told Woman's Day he was "so cute", and told a tabloid newspaper "he's funny, he never gets grumpy, he's always happy ... if I'm having a down day he'll cheer me up by saying something funny ... he's hot".

But the media attention Millie said James couldn't handle intensified recently after Millie agreed to tell her story of P addiction to TV One's Close Up, a tabloid newspaper and this week's Woman's Day.

Millie is due to appear at Auckland District Court next month, to be sentenced on charges of possessing P and a pipe and allowing her apartment to be used for drugs.

She told Woman's Day despite the offences being punishable by imprisonment, community work was a likely sentence.

Millie told Sunday News she would put plans to work in the print media "on hold" until she reappeared at court.

Sunday news