PDA

View Full Version : Matt Damon named 'sexiest man alive'

OMEN
11-16-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/341639.jpg
I'M HOT: Matt Damon has been named the Sexiest Man Alive by People magazine, beating friends George Clooney and Brad Pitt to the top spot.
Hollywood actor Matt Damon, star of The Bourne Ultimatum, has been named as the "sexiest man alive" 2007 by People magazine.

Damon is the 22nd recipient of the magazine's sexy title, which was awarded to George Clooney both last year and in 1997, to Matthew McConaughey in 2005 and to Jude Law in 2004.

The first winner in 1985 was Mel Gibson.

"George Clooney and Brad Pitt have shamelessly campaigned for him since 2001, but all it takes is one look at Damon's piercing blue eyes, crooked smile and family-guy demeanor to understand why he has been chosen," the magazine said in a statement.

But the 37-year-old actor accepted the award reluctantly, even suggesting he was not the best man for the role.

"You gave an aging suburban dad the ego boost of a lifetime. My nine-year-old stepdaughter now thinks I'm cool - well, cooler," Damon wrote in a letter to People.

"At the risk of being forward, if you asked me (which you didn't) I would suggest Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for this award. He's like a taller, better-looking version of me anyway. Plus, he's the best quarterback in the history of football."

Also on People's list of sexy men this year are Patrick Dempsey, Ryan Reynolds, Brad Pitt, James McAvoy, Johnny Depp, Dave Annable, Will Smith, Javier Bardem, Shemar Moore, Ben Affleck, Adrian Grenier, Will Yun Lee and Justin Timberlake.

Reuters