PDA

View Full Version : Winehouse's brother: 'she will bounce back'

OMEN
11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn5055884_big.jpg
AMY WINEHOUSE's brother ALEX has defended the troubled singer after she was heavily criticised for her performance on the opening night of her U.K. tour - insisting that "she's only human".

Alex Winehouse has backed his sister after her concert in Birmingham, was labelled a disaster when fans booed the star for forgetting her words, dropping her microphone and running off stage mid-way through the closing song.

But Winehouse is sure that his famous sibling did the best she could in the difficult circumstances.

He says, "She's had a lot of stuff going on in the last few months but she wanted to do the gig. She wanted to do it for the fans.

"Apparently it didn't go very well at all but she made the effort and was there. She's only human and I think this is what people have to remember."

Alex, who is Amy's older brother, is adamant the star will soon get her life back on track.

He adds, "She'll come through. She's got everything in place like good friends, and the family is all there for her.
"I've seen her quit smoking marijuana and smoking cigarettes. I've seen her give that up in the blink of an eye."

The Back To Black star recently hit the headlines after husband Blake Fielder-Civil was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and perverting the course of justice. She was also admitted to hospital earlier this year (07) after an alleged drugs overdose. Her current U.K. is scheduled to conclude at London's Brixton Academy on 17 December (07).

Tiscali