PDA

View Full Version : Steelers beat winless Dolphins on Reed's late field

OMEN
11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3536/resourcesrm02d20071127tak5.jpg

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Jeff Reed's 24-yard field goal with 17 seconds remaining gave the Pittsburgh Steelers a 3-0 victory over the Miami Dolphins on a sodden home field on Monday.

It was the 11th successive loss for the Dolphins.

Ben Roethlisberger drove Pittsburgh into scoring range with passes of 21, six and 11 yards to Hines Ward and six yards to Willie Reid before Reed, who had missed a 45-yard field goal in the third quarter, converted the opportunity.

"It was ugly conditions, but it was a big win for us," Roethlisberger told reporters after the victory improved the AFC North Division-leading Steelers to 8-3.

"It was one of the worst conditions I've ever played on even though the last time I played Miami at Miami, it was in a hurricane."

The game was the longest to go scoreless since the Detroit Lions and New York Giants played to a 0-0 tie in 1943, while the last 3-0 result in the NFL was in December 1993 when the New York Jets held off the Washington Redskins.

The start was delayed for 45 minutes because of lightning and heavy rain and once play began, players slipped and slid with regularity, tearing up large chunks of the field.

With the wet conditions, the Steelers stuck to a running game with Willie Parker making 81 yards on 24 carries. Roethlisberger attempted just 21 passes and completed 18 for 165 yards.

The Dolphins activated running back Ricky Williams for the game and he gained 15 yards on six carries before injuring his shoulder
He had not played an NFL game since 2006 because of a drug-related suspension.

Reuters

XXKSXX
11-27-2007, 07:59 PM
This game was just bad all of the way around. I watched the end of it after RAW and I couldn't believe what I was watching. lol