PDA

View Full Version : Snakeman challenges Marilyn Manson to contest

OMEN
11-29-2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/686874.jpg
DON'T GET BITTEN: A Texas snakeman has challenged shock rocker Marilyn Manson to a snake-bathing contest.
Marilyn Manson has been challenged to a televised snake-bathing competition.

It was revealed this week the controversial rocker is desperate to enter the book of Guinness World Records, and is aiming to beat the record for sharing a bath with serpents.

However, Jackie Bibby - known worldwide as 'The Texas Snakeman' - holds the current record of 87 snakes and, upon learning of Manson's plans, has thrown down the gauntlet to the singer.

He said: "I think it's really interesting that Mr Manson wants to break my record. I say, bring it on! Why not challenge me in person? There are only two clear bathtubs out there that can be used for an official world record attempt.

"I have one of the tubs and a production company in Los Angeles has the other one, so I'd love to have a challenge with Mr Manson and get a TV station to broadcast it. That would be amazing!"

A source close to the singer said: "Marilyn is desperate to get into the famous book, and wants to do it for something people will associate him with.

"He thought about all the wacky records he could try and break, and came across Jackie Bibby's record. That's when he decided he wanted to try and beat it."

Father-of-two Jackie has also warned Manson he better be prepared before he lets the deadly serpents slither all over him.

He said: "I warn anyone who wants to make an attempt they had better get me or some other very reputable snake handler involved in the stunt. Otherwise they could be in big trouble!"

Bang Showbiz