PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross: HBK's Finishers, Y2J/The Rock, Orton, More

Black Widow
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Jim Ross is back with yet another blog update at jrsbarbq (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/). As usual, there are the wrestling related highlights:

- It is my understanding that Bobby Lashley’s rehabilitation for shoulder surgery is progressing well and that he will be back in the ring by the end of the year or the first part of 2008.

- HBK utilized three finishing maneuvers in the Survivor Series against Randy Orton that had been used on Shawn in title bouts, The Sharpshooter, The Crossface, and the Ankle Lock. However, seeing the Crossface took me a back for a moment I have to admit.

- I have zero issues with Randy Orton’s “methodical” wrestling style. I feel that many of today’s wrestlers overuse high risk maneuvers and have departed from the fundamental basics of wrestling. High risk moves are super if they are properly placed in a match and the contest is not solely based on “flying.”

- The Jericho return has been extremely well done, but I wish the crowd in Ft. Lauderdale had been more vocal. Comparing Jericho and The Rock isn’t comparing apples to apples as Jericho left to write a wrestling book and simply test the entertainment waters while Rock left to start a whole new career. If the Rock were to come back, no I do not think that will ever happen, but he would be welcomed back by the vast majority of the fans with open arms in my opinion.

- I expect Jericho to wrestle a full time schedule soon and to be around for a good while. Why would one think otherwise?

JohnCenaFan28
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the info.

Punisher
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM
i agree with J.R. on the Rock