PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Blu-ray upgrade coming soon

Dark Drakan
12-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Sony have just announced that they will be releasing an update for its Blu Ray firmware. With some quite nice new features, such as picture-in-picture playback along with downloadable content options.

Sony expects to have an update for PS3 later this month that will add support for the next generation of Blu-ray playback features.

'Profile 1.1' is the newfangled name given to a new standard of Blu-ray playback which allows for a range of new features. These include picture-in-picture playback (so you could have a director talking in one window with the film running in another), support for downloadable content and much more.

Sony's latest (and more expensive) Blu-ray players already support Profile 1.1 features, and according to a Sony rep, speaking at recent press conference, the PS3 is likely to receive a firmware update that will add Profile 1.1 support later this month, reports The Digital Bits.

So there's STILL no reason to buy a dedicated Blu-ray player over PS3.

Budweizer38
02-04-2008, 03:35 AM
sweet, ive got my ps3 hooked up to my 55" hd big screen tv.
talk about some killer gaming on that bad boy.
cant wait til i get my direct tv hd set up.

$purman
02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
My wife wanted to get a Blu ray stand alone player and it just makes more sense to me to get another ps3 for that money . . .

Dark Drakan
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
My wife wanted to get a Blu ray stand alone player and it just makes more sense to me to get another ps3 for that money . . .

Well you would get a movie player and a console (probably work out cheaper too) so yeah id agree.

JohnCenaFan28
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks for this.