PDA

View Full Version : Beck accused of driving wannabe film maker to death

OMEN
12-07-2007, 07:21 PM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn883853big.jpg
Rocker BECK has been accused of driving a New York artist to a drug-induced death after backing out of a movie project they had planned together.

Theresa Duncan told friends she and Beck had discussed working on a film she had written entitled Alice Underground - about two schoolgirls who kidnap a rock star after he told them he wanted to leave the Church of Scientology.

Scientologist Beck was to play the protagonist.

In emails published in the January (08) edition of Vanity Fair, dating from 2003 to 2006, Duncan claims the singer showed interest in the role, but backed out over fears his Scientologist elders would oppose it.

One correspondence reads, "(Beck) really, really tried to get away by going to New York to be in Alice Underground. He told me he wanted to leave the cult desperately."

Duncan died of a drug overdose in July (07) and her heartbroken boyfriend Jeremy Blake committed suicide a week later.

But Beck, 37, insists he never discussed the film, or his religion with Duncan.
He tells Vanity Fair, "We never met to discuss the film. I did explain to her I wasn't looking to act right then, and with the album, tour schedule and a baby on the way, it wouldn't be feasible.

"Had we been closer and discussed anything as personal as religion, I would have only had positive things to say about Scientology."

Tiscali