PDA

View Full Version : WWE Disappointed with Y2J? New Feud with JBL, More

Black Widow
12-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Partial sources: PWTorch & PWInsider

- A number of people within WWE are obviously happy about the extension of their TV deal with NBC Universal. There was some fear internally as to what would happen if USA opted to not renew their contract with WWE.

- According to a press release regarding the 15th Anniversary of Raw, WWE will be releasing a special retrospective magazine on December 31, reviewing and celebrating the 15 year history of Raw.

- Chris Jericho's feud with Randy Orton looks to be a short one as it should be over soon. He may move on to a "war of words" feud with JBL, cultimating in a match at WrestleMania. Some people within WWE are already disappointed with Jericho's mic work, in-ring work and mild crowd reaction. Jericho was never expected to get a long period of grace, but the tide has turned against him fairly quickly.

Ill Will
12-08-2007, 11:21 PM
Some people within WWE are already disappointed with Jericho's mic work, in-ring work and mild crowd reaction.Well I don't know what "Some people within WWE" are smoking, because Jericho has done everything right in my book. His ring work has been great, as has his mic work (is anyone seriously implying that Randy Orton has Jericho beat in either of those departments?).

The mild crowd reaction is pretty much all WWE's fault. You can't just have someone be gone for 2 years, and just immediately throw them back into the main event and into a one-on-one feud. They didn't/couldn't do that with HHH, Edge or Rey Mysterio (who were all only gone for a few months), so why would they think that would have worked with Jericho? A lot of newer fans didn't know who Jericho was, and all of a sudden he's in the main event and WWE expects those fans to cheer for him? They should have let him feud with Santino or Carlito for a couple months or so to build up some credibility, THEN work him into the main event. Except for the weeks of encrypted Save_US.222 promos, this Orton vs. Jericho feud came pretty much out of nowhere. I blame the lack of crowd reaction for Jericho on WWE's booking, not on Jericho's ring work or mic work.

JohnCenaFan28
12-09-2007, 12:05 AM
^ Totally agree:) Jericho shouldn't have been put there one time...:no:

Punisher
12-09-2007, 05:51 AM
so true it is not Jericho's fault at all. Most poeople dont know and or remember who Jericho is

ironicicon
12-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Gotta agree. The booking was way off on this one. Even though I still mark out seeing him, I think throwing him into the main event was just something that they were going to do to fill time.