PDA

View Full Version : JR: RAW XV; RVD, Sunny, Rock, Hogan, Lita, Trish, More

Black Widow
12-15-2007, 11:03 PM
- Jim Ross has updated his blog at jrsbarbq.com, this time with thoughts coming out of the RAW Anniversary show on Monday night. Check out the full blog at jrsbarbq.com. The highlights:

Being a part of the big, three hour Raw last Monday night was fun and was much akin to attending a family reunion of sorts. I enjoyed visiting with all the former WWE Superstars that were on hand and catching up with their lives and what they are doing these days.

Mike Shaw, aka Bastion Booger, has a real big son, 6’5”-305 lbs, who is being recruited by several colleges, including Wisconsin as an offensive lineman.

Ted DiBiase is working within his ministry full time and is excited about the opportunities his son is getting in the WWE developmental program. The younger DiBiase is a natural from what others have told me, and has a brilliant future ahead of him. Plus, the kid has a degree in business administration. Smart.

Repo Man invited me to come up to Minnesota and go ice fishing with the Goon (Bill Irwin) and him some day which sounds like a blast. I will never forget how great a tag team Bill and his late brother Scott Irwin were as the masked, Super Destroyers back in the day. Plus, who can forget Repo Man’s run as one half of Demolition?

Steve Blackman, about to become a father for the first time, was in awesome physical condition and is training MMA fighters in Pennsylvania. Steve is always fun to talk with. WWE Hall of Famer Pat Patterson says that Steve is even more frugal than Tony Garea, which is a major statement. Blackman looks like he could still kick some ass and was in the best condition of any of the “old timers.” For the record, being frugal isn’t a bad thing and I wish more “old timers” would subscribe to that theory than the often used philosophy of “live for today, buy more bling, don’t pay your taxes, and the constant flow of money will never stop.”

Sunny looked wonderful Monday and I met her new boyfriend, who seemed like a nice guy. Sunny was in really great physical condition, as many of you saw, even though she told me she still had “8 pounds to lose” which made me envious. Sunny has endured a great deal over the years with a lifestyle that not even she would necessarily suggest for all members of the family, but I am so happy to say that she has turned her life around and is healthy and happy. I sincerely wish her continued success and sobriety. Bottom line is that Sunny was the Diva that started it all as it relates to the Diva biz in the WWE, and no, Moolah was not a Diva… Moolah was a wrestler… and Sunny should be given credit for her contributions to the WWE. I hope to see her again down the road and with her only being 35, I think; she has plenty of fuel left in her tank if the WWE ever decided to bring her back for a full time or re-occurring role. At least it’s something to think about.

RVD looked well rested and healthy, even though his time in the ring was shorter than some of the King’s relationships and my diets. I would not read anything into RVD’s cameo on the Anniversary Raw as it relates to Rob returning to the WWE full time, but one should never say never. I think it would be great for RVD to be back in the WWE, but time will tell if and when Rob may be ready to return to the road on a full or part time basis. Be that as it may, it was a nice surprise to see RVD back in a WWE ring. How cool would it have been if Paul Heyman had joined RVD at ringside, even though some of the “old timers” might have enjoyed Happy Heyman being in the ring as a participant in the battle royal, but I assume that statement would hold true for many of us.

Bart Gunn looked super and was huge and looked to be strong as a bull. Always a nice guy, Bart is one of the toughest men around and who will ever forget his dominance in the ill conceived “Brawl for it All” tournament that included Bart K.O.’ing Dr. Death Steve Williams?

Great to see Al Snow and “Head”. I have always enjoyed Al’s work, we even did some commentary together in Smoky Mountain Wrestling, and we all know that the King loves “Head.” Al is coaching down in Ohio Valley Wrestling and imparting his wisdom on the young superstars of tomorrow. If Mick Foley were here right now, there would be a joke made without fail.

Hulk Hogan seemed to have a good visit with his old traveling buddies and peers. The Hulkster looked a little tired backstage, but he had just flown in from LA on a private aircraft with Eric Bischoff and RVD, who all traveled from the west coast, where Hogan is taping the return of the “American Gladiator,” which premieres on NBC in January. (Back in the day, Rico Constantino was quite a hit on the old American Gladiator program and since leaving the WWE Rico is back as a police officer in Vegas, as I understand it.)

Trish and Lita both looked super and were still the same two beautiful and intelligent young women I signed to WWE contracts years ago. Both seem happy with their new lives, but their return to full time WWE road work is highly unlikely if you are keeping score at home. Lita is doing projects with her band and Trish is apparently going to open a Yoga studio in the Toronto area from what I understand. Both are still hotter than donut grease.

Same goes for The Rock, who also could not be with us Monday due to scheduling issues. I know that there will be some who can’t wait to jump up on their invisible soap boxes, hiding behind phony screen names and who will damn the Rock for not being in Bridgeport Monday night. It is what it is, folks, and the Rock doesn’t pretend to have an agenda nor does he make promises he cannot keep. Wrestling is and always will be in the Rock’s blood, but he has another job now that in which he has immersed himself.

jrsbarbq.com (http://www.jrsbarbq.com/)

JohnCenaFan28
12-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks a lot for this.

5be92
12-16-2007, 06:55 AM
yup..thanks man...i agree with jr there..... lita and trish are still hotter than doughnut grease