PDA

View Full Version : WWE has scare in Iraz, Elimination Chamber, 08 Draft, more

legolas4792
12-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- While in Iraq for the Tribute to the Troops taping, several WWE superstars found themselves in grave danger. A helicopter carrying Dean Malenko, Mickie James, Carlito, Chris Jericho, JBL, and Ron Simmons was damaged while landing, stranding the superstars for five hours in a war zone in Tarmiyah, Iraq. They were in the middle of fires, smoke bombs, dead animals, and razor wire everywhere while hanging out with soldiers in an unsecure location.

-- Advertising for February's No Way Out pay-per-view in Las Vegas has already begun. Right now they are pushing an Elimination Chamber with the winner getting a title shot at WrestleMania. The deal is that the Royal Rumble winner will pick which champion he faces. The top wrestlers likely from the other brand will battle for the other title shot. Names being advertised are Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, and Bobby Lashley. It is unusual to see advertisements out this early as historically they don't come out until a few days prior to the pay-per-view. It also appears that the plan when the ads were written is for Chris Jericho not to be in the championship picture.

-- As reported yesterday here on the site, WWE is talking about holding another draft in 2008 following WrestleMania. Lots of ideas are being pitched about making major changes to all three rosters, but it is likely WWE will first get a game plan down for WrestleMania before they start the booking process to move the superstars.

JohnCenaFan28
12-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm hoping they move Burke to SD! and Punk to RAW, they've been on ECW for too long, it's time for the new faces on ECW to take over like Morrison and Miz.

Kage
12-18-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm hoping they move Burke to SD! and Punk to RAW, they've been on ECW for too long, it's time for the new faces on ECW to take over like Morrison and Miz.

Without Punk Ecw has almost no other over faces, and i doubt Wwe will demote anyone who is over enough to be Ecw champ

tommy
12-18-2007, 11:37 PM
They can add new people. Kofi Kingston is on his way there, he looks to be a face. They can move Kane permanently to ECW. They can even debut Colt Cabana or Ace Steel and let them get some momentum on ECW. They just have to get Punk OFF of that show. He's done all there is to do, beaten all there is to beat, and held the title through several defenses. Now he is stuck jobbing to Viscera, the bonified jobber. It's time to move him up to RAW and get him in some meaningful fueds.

JohnCenaFan28
12-19-2007, 12:05 AM
^ Totally agree. They just need some new faces on ECW and then they can have Morrison, Miz, Thorn or Benjamin feud with those faces for the title. Punk and Burke need to get off of ECW.

Guydudeman
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I'd kill the entire project. It's not what it used to be. If you moved the good wrestlers to Smackdown then it would be a lot better of an overall product

sirwill3rd
12-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Can you really call ECW and SD two brands anymore? Both shows are cross promoting, so Punk and Burke are somewhat off Smackdown.
Both men are great in ring workers, and i don't want them on RAW. It would be like when London and Kendrick swithed this year. They get no air time anymore, and now the matches they do have suck.
Punk and Burke are wrestlers and should stay on SD/ECW and move MVP to RAW so he can join the talk show