PDA

View Full Version : Pitt rejects political career

OMEN
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/feeds/wenn/celebrity/wenn5052989big.jpg
Hollywood star BRAD PITT has ruled out ever running for the U.S. presidency, insisting politics is "not my place".

The Mr and Mrs Smith actor, 44, is a keen philanthropist and has previously spoken out about the genocide in Darfur, Sudan, and helped highlight the plight of the homeless in New Orleans, Louisiana, following Hurricane Katrina in 2005 - even heading the Make It Right project to provide new houses for survivors of the disaster.

But Pitt is adamant he will never launch a bid for office.

He says, "Not a chance. (That's) the same reason I won't direct. I don't think it's my place. Besides, you can create acts of social disobedience from the outside."

However, the star is keen to raise awareness for his Make It Right campaign, and hopes the continuing problems of New Orleans will be mentioned in the 2008 U.S. Presidential elections.

He adds, "It certainly illuminated that a certain portion of society is not being looked after. I think it should be one of the major issues of the upcoming campaign.This is a proving ground for so many issues: education, health reform, poverty level, unemployment (and) violence that comes from these conditions."

Tiscali

JohnCenaFan28
12-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Nice read, thanks. I totally agree with what he's saying.