PDA

View Full Version : WWE Drops Developmental Talent, Spirit Squad.

Black Widow
12-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Source - PWInsider

-- To update on the whereabouts of former Spirit Squad member Johnny Jeter, his name has been removed from the Ohio Valley Wrestling roster. This makes sense, as he has only appeared around three times since the Spirit Squad gimmick was dropped. Even though he has been off of regulation television, technically he is still a member of the main roster, so he’s not required to go train in developmental. WWE management did send Jeter to some ECW/SmackDown house shows a while back to work singles matches, but beyond that he hasn’t been brought up.

-- In other developmental news, Lacey Adkisson/Von Erich (the daughter of Kerry Von Erich) was also dropped. She did have the look, but lacked a grasp of the pro wrestling industry and wasn’t around much last month training in FCW.

JohnCenaFan28
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Spirit Squad...:no:

Ill Will
12-27-2007, 03:52 AM
-- In other developmental news, Lacey Adkisson/Von Erich (the daughter of Kerry Von Erich) was also dropped. She did have the look, but lacked a grasp of the pro wrestling industry and wasn’t around much last month training in FCW.That's kind of weird, considering that she is a Von Erich. You'd assume she would have learned something.

Punisher
12-27-2007, 04:12 AM
i hate the spirt squad so much!!

TheDawg9981
12-27-2007, 07:05 AM
i hated spirit squad...always ruined everything good, but that always happens...

XXKSXX
12-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Or maybe Lacey decided that she really didn't want to work for the WWE. I can't believe she doesn't have any since for the business. Considering the fact wrestling is in her blood.

Ill Will
12-27-2007, 06:13 PM
Or maybe Lacey decided that she really didn't want to work for the WWE. I can't believe she doesn't have any since for the business. Considering the fact wrestling is in her blood.Yeah, that sound more realistic. I would think the report of her "lacking the grasp of the wrestling industry" might have been WWE's attempt to make it look like the problem was with her.

LionDen
12-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Geez KS, if someones whole family were in the army, does that mean every member has to join or is good at it. She prob just sucked, they would have wanted her for the name and prob alot more but I guess she does didnt make the cut.

Ill Will
12-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Geez KS, if someones whole family were in the army, does that mean every member has to join or is good at it. She prob just sucked, they would have wanted her for the name and prob alot more but I guess she does didnt make the cut.Without getting into the huge differences between having family members in pro wrestling and having family members in the army, I think you're kind of missing KS's point.

The report says she has the look, but "lacked the grasp of the pro wrestling industry"...how many current and former divas can you honestly say had a "grasp" on the pro wrestling industry? Probably less than a dozen. More than half of the women used in WWE are eye candy. Sure there are those who are great wrestlers, or otherwise have great entertainment value, but obviously, most important are the looks. Considering that she reportedly did have the looks, and what I would assume would be at least a general knowledge of the pro wrestling industry, I find it much harder to believe that the deal fell through because she didn't have a "grasp" of wrestling. To me, it's much more likely that she just didn't want to deal with WWE. Seeing that the Von Erichs used to be competition for McMahon, a Von Erich not wanting to be in WWE makes perfect sense, but a Von Erich not having a grasp of the pro wrestling industry sounds like quite a stretch, especially considering that that perception must have come from someone within WWE.