PDA

View Full Version : Minn. Child Sticks Screwdriver Into Head, Survives

OMEN
12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
http://image.cbslocal.com/175x131/ScrewdriverXray.jpg
An X-ray shows the screwdriver penetrated Teagan Gislason's eye socket, five centimeters into her brain. Doctors removed it after four hours, with virtually no bleeding.
A 2-year-old Farmington, Minn. girl stabbed herself in the eye socket with a screwdriver and somehow escaped relatively unharmed, reports CBS station WCCO-TV in Minneapolis.

Teagan Gislason returned home on Christmas Eve after nearly a week at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Gislason's father, Neil Gislason, said she hurt herself near the end of a church service at St. Paul's Lutheran in Cannon Falls, Minn.

"God was watching over her very hard," said Neil Gislason. "I think He saved her for a reason, and I can't wait to see what that reason is."

Gislason was with his three daughters at the church. He said Teagan was getting restless, and went into a room where children have adult supervision during the church service. Teagan somehow found a screwdriver, and a fellow church member saw it sticking out of her left eye socket.

An X-ray shows the screwdriver penetrated Teagan's eye socket, five centimeters into her brain. Doctors removed it after four hours, with virtually no bleeding.

One week later, Teagan is home with her family. Her vision appears to be fine, and the only remaining mark from the incident is a scar on her eyelid.

"She's our Christmas miracle," said Katie Gislason, Teagan's mother.

The family is administering antibiotics to make sure the eye doesn't become infected, and Teagan will still be regularly checked out by doctors to make sure she isn't experiencing any problems with her vision.

WCBS

Jodes
12-28-2007, 11:28 PM
if the kids had someone watching them then how did she get it into her eye? :shifty: she is lucky to be alive.

JohnCenaFan28
12-29-2007, 03:22 AM
Wow, I can't believe she's still alive!:o