PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Wrestlers of All Time?

-3:16-
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
Who, are your top 5 wrestlers of all time?

Here are mine:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - His promos were great from his Hollywood blonde days, his 'shooting' in ECW, and now, to his current persona. The successful way he would carry out his 'Rebel' gimmick (97-01) led him to become the biggest influence in wrestling history. Also note, he still gets one of the loudest pops in wrestling today.

2. Ric Flair - A great wrestler who's wrestled over 30 years now, and still continues to put over young talent and deliver great matches.

3. Shawn Michaels - the 'total package' in wrestling, I'd go as far as to say the best pure athlete wrestling has seen.

4. Terry Funk - Was a great NWA World Heavyweight Champion, then completely reinvented himself to suit the ECW style and became a World Champion again at the age of 53. Deserves credit for putting ECW on the map.

5. The Undertaker - I'd say he's the best 'big man' in wrestling, a great combination of striking, brawling, and submission style, furthermore, able to carry out one of the most successful gimmicks in wrestling history, notably for over somewhat 10 years.

Other honorable mentions:
Mankind/Mick Foley - Golden on the mic, and a great talent. Another big influence in wrestling.

Jeff Jarrett - Very underrated, has held many championships, and decent at wrestling/cutting promos.

Roddy Piper - Made WM a successful imo.

Bret Hart - Great pure athlete.

What are yours? Discuss.

That Rob
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Wrestling wise
1. Bret Hart-His skill speaks for himself he could make anybody look better then they really were (i.e. Yokozuna Wrestlemania 9)

2. Mr. Perfect- Great skill in the ring one of the most technacly sound wrestlers in the world. Defintly missed.

3. Kurt Angle- Really liked any match he was in. His matches against Benoit go down in my book as some of his greatest work followed by his Wrestlemania 21 match against HBK.

4. Chris Benoit- Forget what he did to his family and watch one of his matches and you'll see the deserves this list.

5. Brian Pillman- One of the most underrated technical wrestlers. Everybody seems to forget he revolutionised cruiserweight wrestling in North America and he never really ever gets regognized.

Top 5 Entertainers.(Mic work how well you could get over with fans)

Honourable Mentions:
Owen Hart, HBK, HHH,

1. Hulk Hogan- No matter whether you like him or hate him now back in the 80's he was a huge reason why the WWE got to were they are now. He was the face of the company and his charisma speak for the star he became.

2. Mick Foley- Three words: Cane Dewey Promo.

3. Dusty Rhodes: The best big man in the business. I'll never forget his most famous line : "I've wined and dined with Kings and Queens, and I've slept in ally's and dine on pork and beans." I heard that I and knew it was something special.

4. JBL- Gret on the mic, really knows how to work a crowd and get a reaction. I really enjoy his mic work and his "Brought to you by the friends of John 'Bradshaw' Layfield" promos

5.The Rock- You can't talk about entertainment without this guy comng up.

Honourable mentions:
Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Ultimate Warrior(nobody got the crowd going like he did.) paul heyman, Bobby Heenan

Black Widow
01-01-2008, 03:54 PM
1. Eddie Guerrero

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Ric Flair

4. Undertaker

5. Triple H

Peter2007
01-01-2008, 08:20 PM
1. Stone cold

2. Ric Flair

3. Undertaker

4. Hulk Hogan

5. Shawn Michaels

jason Yarnell
01-24-2008, 08:03 PM
1. Ric Flair

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Hulk Hogan - I know his wrestling skills suck but he is the biggest draw in wrestling

4. Dusty Rhodes

5. Triple H

SharkGraphics
01-30-2008, 05:17 PM
1. Hulk Hogan

2. Bret Hart

3. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

4. Tito Santana

5. The Rock

Melanie
01-30-2008, 10:01 PM
in no particular order;

Bret Hart
Chris Benoit
Eddie Guererro
Dean Malenko (i loved him)
Undertaker

as far as pure entertainment;
the rock
chris jericho (in wcw especially-the man of 1001 holds)
triple h (i might go straight for him)
Ric flair
I dont care what anyone says i loved and always will love diamond dallas page espcially during his fued with curt henning

Mel

Notorious Cow
02-01-2008, 05:20 AM
1. Flair

2. Undertaker

3. Bret Hart

4. Shawn Michaels

5. HHH/Angle

tnacage
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
1.the rock
2.austin
3.HHH
4.DDP
5.Dino bravo (do not comment he is a hero)

Budweizer38
02-04-2008, 05:00 AM
1. Undertaker
Come on, 15-0 at Wrestlemania
2. Hulk Hogan
As stated before, without him, where would WWF/E be now?
3. The Rock
Know your roll and shut your mouth. Amazing promos and mic skills.
I truely miss him.
4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Austin 3:16 says I just wooped your azz. The ultimate in rebels with the good/bad guy attitude WHAT
5. Ultimate Warrior
Amazing energy and charisma. I would get so pumped when I heard his music start. Besides, wasnt he the first double title holder? IC and WHC.
I could be wrong on that one.

My choices though, well rounded I think.

Flair Country
02-06-2008, 06:47 PM
1. Shawn Michaels - When all is said and done, he will probably go down as being the greatest performer in wrestling history.
2. Ric Flair - The Man, end of story.
3. Hulk Hogan - Pro Wrestling would not be where it is today without him.
4. Kurt Angle - To be the only Olympic Gold Medalist in pro wrestling history sums it up right there.
5. Lou Thesz - This man held the NWA World Heavyweight Championship longer than anyone else in history and has various wrestling moves named after him. He has to be on this list.