PDA

View Full Version : Couple's 'terror threat' shock

OMEN
01-03-2008, 09:36 PM
A couple say they were branded a "terrorist threat" for taking photographs of their grandchildren in a shopping centre.

Kim and Trevor Sparshott were asked to leave Fareham Shopping Centre after they took pictures of their grandchildren while they were doing their Christmas shopping.

The couple, who live in Malaga, Spain, were visiting their family in Gosport, Hants, reports the Daily Telegraph.

Mrs Sparshott, 51, said: "I wanted the ground to swallow me up whole. Then I started fuming."

A security guard told them cameras were banned because of the risk of a terrorist attack, and barred the couple from the centre for life, according to Mrs Sparshott.

Her 52-year-old husband said: "Instead of being a nice surprise for our family, it turned into a nightmare. In these worrying times we understand the need for caution, but surely a quiet word when he first saw us would have stopped all this unpleasantness."

Pam Gillard, the manager of the centre, said taking photos was a security risk, but not because of a terrorist threat, and that the Sparshotts were welcome back.

Annanova

Jodes
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
:eek: this world has done gone crazy.

JohnCenaFan28
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
That's very stupid... How could that have even been considered a terror threat?

5be92
01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
people are getting more paranoid it seems