PDA

View Full Version : Britney in 'dire need' of help - Dr Phil

OMEN
01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/693632.jpg
CONCERN: US talk show host Dr Phil McGraw says troubled pop star Britney Spears is in 'dire need' of intervention and he is very concerned for her.
US talk show host 'Dr Phil' McGraw says troubled pop star Britney Spears is in 'dire need' of intervention and he is very concerned for her.

The singer - who was taken to Los Angeles' Cedars-Sinai Medical Center strapped to a stretcher on Thursday night - left the hospital shortly after being visited by McGraw.

McGraw said: "She was released moments before my arrival and was packing when I entered the room. I visited her for around an hour before I walked with her to her car. I am very concerned for her."

The TV star - who attempts to help people with psychologically problems on his hugely popular programme - revealed he was convinced Britney, 26, was in "dire need of both medical and psychological intervention".

McGraw was scheduled to analyse Spears' meltdown in a special one-hour episode on his show but has since abandoned those plans due to the "intense" nature of the situation. He did not say whether he planned to reschedule.

The Toxic singer was taken to hospital following a three-hour stand-off with police which began at 8pm on Thursday after she refused to return her sons, two-year-old Sean Preston and one-year-old Jayden James, to ex-husband Kevin Federline.

When officers arrived at the residence they found Britney to be "under the influence of an unknown substance".

The hospital has so far refused to reveal why the pop star was admitted, citing patient confidentiality.

Following the incident, Kevin was awarded sole custody of Sean Preston and Jayden James.

Court commissioner Scott Gordon made the ruling on Friday, suspending all of Britney's visitation rights.

Kevin previously had temporary custody of the children. Another hearing has been set for 14 January.

Bang Showbiz