PDA

View Full Version : Huge Update On Roddy Piper; Disappearing Act, More

Black Widow
01-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Roddy Piper posted the following on his official website:

“Piper’s Disappearing Act”

I will not be at the World Wrestling Association’s “Bash at the BallPark” on Jan. 19, 2008.

At this time I would like to clear up a few rumors. I made an appearance at Horrorhound Weekend 2007. Horrorhound had paid for airplane tickets and my money up front to sign autographs and I promised I would make this show.

During the time before I went to Horrorhound Weekend, a man named Jayson kept calling me asking me if I would come to his event which was 45 minutes away from the Horrorhound event. Jayson was very polite and persistant. After receiving several calls from him and thinking about this small show, I decided the last time I talked to Jayson, that these small independents need to be supported as it gives an income to a lot of wrestlers, both upcoming and some that are mainstays. So the mistake I made was saying yes to the promotion. After doing an all day autograph session at the Horrorhound Weekend, (the people who had paid for me) They sent a Honda with 2 men already in it to drive me to the show. Seeing how it was just a touch crowded, I had a car bring me to the show and performed what I promised I would. Which was a Piper’s Pit. In trying to help this independent organization, I did not beat anyone up, pin anyone, to the contrary I got beat up myself and as I left the ring the last match was already started. It was a long day and it was time for me to go home. I had done my job and gave Jayson the rub. After making the mistake of making this show, I heard the next day about the infamous “Piper’s disappearing act”. It seems that the promotion told the fans that I was coming to do a Piper’s Pit and staying to do an autograph session. Now let us all think about this a moment, as it is a business. At no time did I say an autograph session. My reasoning is simple and I think you will all agree. Horrorhound paid me a sum of money and plane tickets as I said, for the sole purpose of the good fans to buy a ticket, come in and get autographs from myself and many other great celebritys there. If I had signed autographs at Jayson’s show on Horrorhound’s nickel, it at the very least would have been extremely unethical and just pure wrong for the people at Horrorhound as that was their sole purpose, Autographs. So I left after I did Piper’s Pit because at my stage hanging around the dressing room after I do my performance isn’t on my list of top 10 fun things to do. I took the heat that had been stirred on the different web information sites, as I tried to do the right thing and I cannot explain every move I make.

However, the next thing I heard was I was booked on, ”Bash at the Ballpark” by Jayson. Jayson does not represent Roddy Piper. When this was brought to my attention I called Michael the Promoter some 4 weeks ago and told him i knew nothing of the booking. This is all the explanation I think you need as I don’t want to bore you. However I will not be, again, will not be at the “Bash at the BallPark”. Any advertisement to the contrary is completely false.

The last thing I would like to explain to those who want to know, is, if we the wrestlers allow these people called promoters to play these little games, believe me from my experiance, it will kill the independent wrestling business that so many outstanding wrestlers depend on (i.e. San Francisco). They are simply ripping off the wrestling fan by advertising a name, the wrestling fan comes and pays and then they tell them there was a family emergency. Please do not take what I say lightly as the good independent promoters, (including the two I speak of, that I’ve been told are good promoters, but handled this situation wrong from lack of experiance with Roddy Piper) all need to be supported in this day and age.

I wish you all a Wonderful 2008 and I am still making personal appearances that I, Roddy Piper, confirm. I hope to see you all at these events throughout the year.

That is the simple truth.

Ever Forward,

Roddy Piper

JohnCenaFan28
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice read, thanks.