PDA

View Full Version : Whos Year Will 2008 Be?

Black Widow
01-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Which superstar will have a good 2008?

Jeff Hardy
Mr. Kennedy

Finlay
Chavo Guerrero
Matt Hardy
MVP

Elijah Burke
Shelton Benjamin

bigdaddybaughman
01-16-2008, 08:31 PM
jeff hardy! his star is rising and hopefully will all year

Ill Will
01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
None of the above.

It will be CM Punk's year. He'll move to Smackdown and feud with Edge, then probably eventually get moved to RAW and feud with HHH and/or Orton, but that part may not happen in 2008.

Melanie
01-16-2008, 09:23 PM
anyone BUT Jeff Hardy... yes he is a spot monkey and everyone loves that, but of the two Matt has better mic skills... Jeff seems shy, and it's obvious the people who are most at east and confident on the mic are the ones to get over, and dont need in ring talent (The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, etc)

I can't stand Jeff, and i hope this who push goes away, but since it seems Hunter is behind it, it sadly won't :(

tommy
01-16-2008, 11:55 PM
anyone BUT Jeff Hardy... yes he is a spot monkey and everyone loves that, but of the two Matt has better mic skills... Jeff seems shy, and it's obvious the people who are most at east and confident on the mic are the ones to get over, and dont need in ring talent (The Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan, etc)

I can't stand Jeff, and i hope this who push goes away, but since it seems Hunter is behind it, it sadly won't :(

Yeah...you are also a TNA fan over WWE, according to your profile, which shows just how much your opinion about wrestling means. Jeff has put in a lot of working in improving everything, especially his mic skills. He is more confident on the mic now than ever before, and he's been constantly improving week after week. As for being a "spot monkey", yeah, he takes huge spots, but he is also a great wrestler, which means that is DEFINATELY not a spot monkey.

I voted Jeff for one reason: there was no CM Punk on this list. Otherwise, I would have voted for Punk. I think Punk is gonna lose the belt next week just to win the rumble and move on to challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship, so, yes, I think Punk will be having the best year in 08.

)85(
01-17-2008, 03:12 AM
i voted for jeff.

That Rob
01-17-2008, 04:55 AM
Of all of those only two stand a chance of "breaking out" Jeff Hardy and MVP and I think both are going to fail. Carlito is going to have that breakout year that everybody expects from him.

Kennedy's WWE career has been killed.

Finlay has been pushed to the moon since Lashley was on Smackdown and still hasn't been able to hope on there.

Shelton had a chance inn 2004 and failed over and over, a move to ECW doesn't do anything.

Elijah Burke has the ability to be a breakout star but when was the last time he was in a feud? Released by June.

Matt Hardy always seems to get injured when something is about to happen to him, he has the skill and was over...in 2005.

Chavo should have gotten Rey's push after Eddie died, it didn't and as much as it pains me to say Rey is more over with the crowd the Chavo could ever hope to be.

That said of Jeff and MVP, I see Jeff Hardy stepping it up this year and at least getting a title run. MVP has a very good chance of winning the title on Smackdown, as soon as Edge goes down with another injury he will be the top heel. But this year look for Jeff to be at the top.

Ill Will
01-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah...you are also a TNA fan over WWE, according to your profile, which shows just how much your opinion about wrestling means. I couldn't think up a more ignorant statement if I tried. It means she likes TNA. So 'the fuck' what? It doesn't devalue her opinion expressed in this thread.

What truly makes you look foolish is that you listed the same wrestler as I did (CM Punk) in response to the prompt, yet according to my profile, I like TNA over WWE also. So, with your logic, that means my opinion isn't as important, right? Well doesn't that just prove to be idiotically hypocritical considering your opinion is the same as mine?

JohnCenaFan28
01-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I think Kennedy has the best chance right now. He's in a feud with HBK and he seems to be going places right now delivering great promos and great matches. Jeff's time is going to be short for sure and he's been improving but Jeff should have gone for the ECW Title instead, not only is he able to hold it but he could bring the Hardcore back to there plus a Morrison/Jeff feud for that title would rock.

Melanie
01-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah...you are also a TNA fan over WWE, according to your profile, which shows just how much your opinion about wrestling means. Jeff has put in a lot of working in improving everything, especially his mic skills. He is more confident on the mic now than ever before, and he's been constantly improving week after week. As for being a "spot monkey", yeah, he takes huge spots, but he is also a great wrestler, which means that is DEFINATELY not a spot monkey.

I voted Jeff for one reason: there was no CM Punk on this list. Otherwise, I would have voted for Punk. I think Punk is gonna lose the belt next week just to win the rumble and move on to challenge Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship, so, yes, I think Punk will be having the best year in 08.

So, just because i listed TNA in my profile means i dont get to have an opinion about wwe (which i watch every week when i can) I watch for jericho and HhH. I sat with my girlfriend and watched raw this week... keep in mind Brandy doesn't normally care for wrestling, and we both agreed Jeff has a long way to go on the mic. As far as pure wrestling skills go... he's a spot monkey plain and simple... I don't see him being a great wrestler... people i would put in that catagory would the likes of bret hart, owen hart, dean malenko... and others... I don't see Hardy being anything more than what i said he was... and his mic skills no matter how hard he's worked on them.. he has a LONG way to go.

BUT... my opinion doesn't count.

Mel

Abhishek_Divekar
01-24-2008, 02:34 PM
not on the list.
It's gonna be HHH's year.............
It's for sure...

sirwill3rd
01-27-2008, 04:52 AM
Matt and MVP are both on the rise, but theie US title feud was, and will, be entertaining to watch. I think that will keep them busy for 2008.
Kennedy, as much as i like him, misses too many moves to get a title shot any time soon.

I voted Finlay. It seems they're building to a Finlay vs. McMahon match at Mania, maybe with Hornswoggle on the line or something. I see him getting at least a decent feud with a Wolrd CHampioin before retires, if not the belt itself.