PDA

View Full Version : Lily Allen suffers miscarriage

OMEN
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/686425.jpg
'DIFFICULT TIME': British pop star Lily Allen, who tamed her party girl ways after finding out she was pregnant, has suffered a miscarriage
British pop star Lily Allen, who tamed her party girl ways after finding out she was pregnant, has suffered a miscarriage.

The 22-year-old singer and her Chemical Brothers boyfriend Ed Simons, 37, were being comforted by family and friends, The Sun reported.

The couple had just returned from a holiday together in the Maldives.

Her spokesman said: "We can confirm that Lily Allen has suffered a miscarriage. She and her partner Ed Simons will be making no further comment and we ask that their privacy be respected during this difficult time."

Allen – who first saw Simons perform when she was a 12-year-old fan at Glastonbury festival – fell for him at a Chemical Brothers gig in London's Trafalgar Square in September.

In December, The Sun reported that she was pregnant with her first child.

The singer recently told how her pregnancy was a huge surprise.

"I've looked forward to being stable my whole life. My parents are amazing, but it has been a whirlwind upbringing," she said.

"I have got my eye on the prize, which is having kids and getting married and cooking dinner and doing homework with my children."

Allen had a global hit with her debut album Alright Still, and is due to release her second album later this year.

She burst on to the pop scene in 2006 with her upbeat single Smile.

AAP