PDA

View Full Version : Fergie has Wellington wardrobe malfunction

OMEN
01-19-2008, 07:26 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/695827.jpg
ZIP IT: Fergie suffered a minor wardrobe malfunction, playing at least three songs with the fly on her trousers gaping, when she opened for The Police at Wellington's Westpac Stadium.
US singer Fergie has a slight wardrobe malfunction when she opened for The Police at Wellington's Westpac Stadium.

The singer, whose song Big Girls Don't Cry made No. 2 on the New Zealand singles chart last year, played at least the first three songs with the fly on her trousers gaping.

The sold-out signs were not needed but 22,000 fans flocked to Westpac Stadium last night to watch The Police - with frontman Sting, drummer Stewart Copeland and guitarist Andy Summers - kick off their Australasian tour.

The crowd consisted mainly of middle-aged rockers keen to hear the trio, which reformed in May last year for the tour, perform a string of hits from the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Fergie, from US hip-hop group the Black Eyed Peas, opened the show at 8pm.

Among the faithful turning out in the warm but blustery weather were Todd and Esther Moynahan, from Hamilton, who were among the few to pay homage to the band in fancy dress - in the style of television show CHiPs.

"I just love dressing up," Mr Moynahan said. "We don't go to concerts often, so we are just making the most of it."

The couple, accompanied by friend David Jury, were keen to hear Every Breath You Take, which was played at their wedding.

Lindsay Fraser, from Wairarapa, had a different reason for attending the gig.

"Twenty-seven years ago I went to The Police concert in the [Wellington] Town Hall. It was one of the best concerts I have ever been to, so I hope they are going to be up to scratch."

The band's music also spoke to a new generation, said 16-year-old Anna Colton, from Masterton.

"I grew up listening to it through my parents and I liked it a lot, especially that one called Every Breath You Take."

The Police play in Auckland tomorrow.

The Dominion Post