PDA

View Full Version : COD 4 Does The Unthinkable

Dark Drakan
01-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Well Infinity Ward said they were gunning to take Halo 3's Xbox Live throne and it seems they have just done that.

Halo has dominated Xbox Live since Halo 2 hit Xbox, even topping the 360's online gaming lists until Gears of War came, but the third game's domination of MS's online servers has been put on hold by Activision.

Last week, (week beginning Jan 14), Call of Duty 4 managed to knock Halo 3 off the top spot on the list of most played Xbox Live games.

Master Chief was forced to settle for second place, with another Activision title, Guitar Hero III, coming in third, while Gears of War is an ever solid fourth.

Maybe the legions of swearing, homophobic, chocolate milk-wanting Halo kids are jumping on COD4?

Also revealed by Major Nelson's official XBL stats is Metal Slug 3's top-selling turnout, and rightly so - it's one of our favourites.

Boogie Bunnies came in second - we didn't know there were that many girl gamers with 360s. We thought they all had Wiis.

I think this is just what the game deserves and i for one havent enjoyed an online game as much as COD 4 in many years.

flamesoffury
01-22-2008, 08:15 PM
cod 4 > halo 3 by far.. call of duty is like the game to get. halo 3 is just an extended halo 2 trying to make money off the halo name.

Flair Country
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Agreed that Call of Duty 4 is much better than Halo 3. I don't agree however that Halo 3 is just an extension of Halo 2. They seem like two different games to me and I can honestly say that I liked Halo 2 better than 3.

Dark Drakan
01-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I like Halo 3 and i respect Bungie a lot for the stuff they put into Halo 3. I mean the Theater mode is by far the best and most impressive feature ive seen in a console game to date. How they got the footage to compress into such small files i will never know. However i much prefer the online of Call Of Duty 4 because of its tactics, customisation and much better ranking and levelling system and i can have some really fun games with friends and in parties and dont get many 12 year olds screaming at me down the mics.

JohnCenaFan28
01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't have COD4 but I may have to check it out now:P

Dark Drakan
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I don't have COD4 but I may have to check it out now:P

Single player fits a lot of intense action into a short space of time, shame it is so short but you feel like you have achieved a lot in the duration. The multiplayer however is superb, and one of the best online games, if not the best ive ever played. As you can tell i love the game, and i hope they update it with new maps and new unlockable weapons and perks soon. As well as new ranks to achieve of course, not like im going to hit Prestige Level 10 anytime soon though. :shock: