PDA

View Full Version : Update On Bobby Lashley Claiming He's Gone From WWE

Black Widow
01-23-2008, 05:25 PM
In a thread on the message board of the official web site of former ECW Champion Bobby Lashley where fans were speculating his return date, an administrator account claiming to be Bobby Lashley posted the following message at 9:04 PM on January 21, 2008: �I'm sorry all but there will not be a Bobby Lashley return to the WWE.�

Few fans were taking the message seriously as they accused the poster of covering up for a return storyline. The person who says they are Lashley reassured fans that he was serious yesterday morning (January 22, 2008) in the following message that was posted at 9:48 AM: �I am sorry to everyone here but I am serious when I say I won't be back. Everyone wants to come here and hear the real story and I am telling you the real story. Circumstances which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you which has happened here. Evil has prevailed however like I said before if you continue your struggle doors will open around these people. You have not scene the last of me so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!�

The person claiming to be Bobby Lashley became frustrated with fans that refused to believe that he was telling the truth. The following message was posted under the account 6:04 PM yesterday evening: "I feel like there is no reason to come to this chat room any more if nobody listens to me. People this is Bobby Lashley and I am serious, no surprises. I just wanted to be the first to tell all the people who supported me." Just three minutes after posting this message the person claiming to be Lashley wrote, �My release from the WWE will probably be online soon, maybe by the end of the week.�

Shortly after the forum administrator to the official message board of Lashley�s web site told readers to listen to Lashley, that he was telling the truth. Yesterday at 7:09 PM the account claiming to be Lashley wrote the following in the same thread regarding his future: �Thanks for the nice words Jess (the forum admin) and everyone else. Like I said before I will be doing something big really soon. You can't keep a real fighter down. PS

In what I found as a very odd message, making me doubt the entire thing was true, the following was posted from the account claiming to be Bobby Lashley at 1:08 AM this morning: �I am pretty torn on what to do next. Please can i get some input from all of you�

At this point we are unable to confirm or deny anything. From everything that we have heard, Lashley is due to return to WWE sometime this month from shoulder surgery. However, these messages from the person claiming to be Bobby Lashley indicate otherwise. As of the time of this writing there are no mentions on the official WWE web site nor has any official announcement been made. We will keep you updated as this story continues to develop.

- 24Wrestling.com

Pepsi Plunge
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks for adding more news Kurt :wink:

tommy
01-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Hmm...if this is true, then that sucks for the WWE. They put a lot of work into building Lashley up for him to just run away like a baby.

Bad Boy
01-23-2008, 06:53 PM
tru... Lashley was alright... not the worst, not the best... if he leaves just like that it sux

That Rob
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
It's pretty much confirmed now he is gone here is what I have found on wrestling-edge.com:

We are now able to confirm that Bobby Lashley is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment. In a phone call placed to WrestlingNewsWorld.com's Ryan Gray, Lashley said that he is gone from the company. While he would not give any specifics he made it clear that he did not want to leave but had too due to circumstances beyond his control.

Lashley told WrestlingNewsWorld.com's Ryan Gray that he was training hard for a potential career in Mixed Martial Arts. The former ECW Champion said that despite the fact that he wanted to pursue an MMA career, it would not be with UFC.

Lashley would not comment on whether or not he would be interested in going to TNA Wrestling. He said that WWE has granted his release but it would not be announced until the paperwork was finalized.
---------------

So there you have it, he confirmed it himself...the circumstances I think have something to doi with WWE releasing his girlfriend Kristal Marshall late in 2007.

tommy
01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Kristal refused to do a "degrading" storyline. Basically, she refused to do what Vickie is doing now with Edge. So far, there has been nothing degrading about it. They haven't done anything except kiss on screen, and they've made it very clear that they are in love. When Edge turns on her, like he inevitably will, Vickie will come out looking no worse for it, even getting sympathy. How is that storyline degrading?

Kristal is a freakin idiot for quitting over it, and now Bobby has spit in the face of all that they have done for him. He has been pushed constantly since his debut and was even put in one of the main events of Wrestlemania. For him to quit because of this just says a lot about how little character he has.

That Rob
01-23-2008, 09:30 PM
^^He's like Brock Lesnar.They put all this time and effort into building him up, much like they did with Brock and now he quits on them to persue a new career. If this does have something to do with Krystal then he really is pussy whipped.

JohnCenaFan28
01-23-2008, 10:49 PM
YES!:dance: Now just Cena and Trashley to go now:)

tommy
01-24-2008, 12:36 AM
Cena will never quit WWE...and if he did, then it would just get worse and worse.

Kage
01-24-2008, 12:45 AM
Cena will never quit WWE...and if he did, then it would just get worse and worse.

Raw's been awesome lately and Jeff Hardy wouldn't be main eventing the Royal Rumble if Cena was still around. As for Lashly leaving, i guess what they said was true, he is a black Lesnar.:shifty:

gator
01-24-2008, 06:36 AM
the kristal being fired by wwe thing can have a lot to do with this ok he is
going to do mma guys like fedor,crocop,josh barnet,cheick kongo,Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira,Andrei Arlovski,Aleksander Emelianenko all these guys will destroy him in
a fight

ClayMation
01-24-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm not a Lashley fan personally, but like Cena...the guy has enough fan base to glue more butts to the TVs and the arena seats. Lashley gone certainly won't help WWE...but I dont think it will significantly hurt it either. Keep Hardy in the main event spotlight...and re-enter Y2J and Kennedy in place of the missing Cena and Lashley anyday IMO

Ill Will
01-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Kristal refused to do a "degrading" storyline. Basically, she refused to do what Vickie is doing now with Edge. So far, there has been nothing degrading about it. They haven't done anything except kiss on screen, and they've made it very clear that they are in love. When Edge turns on her, like he inevitably will, Vickie will come out looking no worse for it, even getting sympathy. How is that storyline degrading?

Kristal is a freakin idiot for quitting over it, and now Bobby has spit in the face of all that they have done for him. He has been pushed constantly since his debut and was even put in one of the main events of Wrestlemania. For him to quit because of this just says a lot about how little character he has.People like you amaze me. You refer to wrestling news sites as if they were the bible, taking everything they say as the truth, you make assumptions and draw conclusions based on this "truth", and then you make judgments about people you've never met based on these assumptions.

Extremely pathetic if you ask me.