PDA

View Full Version : Would TNA Officially Kill Off the X Division?

Flair Country
01-27-2008, 07:06 PM
So for those who don't know, there is a match coming up at their Against Alll Odds PPV between Team 3D & Johnny Devine vs. Jay Lethal & The Motor City Machine Guns. One of the stipulations is that if 3D and Devine win that the X Division will be gone from TNA forever. Now anyone who has watched TNA for more than a year knows that the X Division used to be what seperated them from WWE. TNA even referred to it as their "signature division." Now it's insulting to me as a fan that they would even have a stipulation to do away with the X Division. That would be like saying if Jay Lethal & MCMG won the match, all of the heavyweight wrestlers would be fired from TNA.

That being said...TNA has done some pretty stupid stuff lately. Would they really bring the end to the X Division in such a demeaning fashion?

flamesoffury
01-27-2008, 07:34 PM
No, because like you said, it is what makes them unique. The X division in all honesty, is better then their heavyweight division.

Ill Will
01-28-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah, it's not going anywhere, especially since WWE got rid of their cruiserweight title recently. Now there is even more merit to TNA's claim to be the only one to have the high-flying action that people want. A pretty large chunk of TNA's roster would be useless if their was no X-Division title.

C-Mac
01-28-2008, 03:52 AM
But then again, I wouldnt put it past Vince Russo to axe the division...

whoblehwah
01-28-2008, 05:24 AM
But then again, I wouldnt put it past Vince Russo to axe the division...

My thoughts exactly. If they do this though, I hope Low Ki, Jay Lethal, and some other people head back to RoH.

-3:16-
01-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Only people who are too stupid to understand the psycology behind the Team 3D/X-Division feud would believe the X-Division, which TNA likes to boast their 'signature' division, will go down. The company knows is and I guruantee no way in hell the X-Division will be taken away from the fans, the feud is just there to feul some heat between the divisions, and so far its working, X-Division have been getting the lower hand the past few months or so and this is their time, this is where they really shine, the psycology is that they are going to show the world what the X-Division is all about and why they like to proclaim it the best in the world.

I know TNA has done some stupid things in the past, but killing the X-Division, will ultimately kill TNA.

gator
01-29-2008, 06:54 AM
no never this will be a great way to show what they can do

Budweizer38
02-06-2008, 03:23 AM
cant wait to see the match. in no way is the x division gonna be erased.
i agree that its a great way to get more attention to it.

)85(
02-06-2008, 04:05 AM
it's all about the build up. loving it so far. 3D bullies. 4D performers. :kemo:
4D meaning they can fly higher and go faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw
The X division all in one video. :kemo:

The 3D vs XD fued has kept me coming back to TNA. This is the storyline i've been loving everyweek. i just hope they go all out with this.

MCMG and Macheesemo in old 3D outfits. :haha:

Flair Country
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Well you know guys and girls, after I posted this thread it got me to thinking. What is one thing that TNA has been missing since it's inception? A goot mid-card belt (like the IC or European Championships). What I think might happen is that if 3D wins at AAO, they will "retire" the X Division Title for a while and introduce another belt (maybe the TV Title) for guys like Robert Roode and James Storm who obviously deserve a title but aren't established enough for the World Championship. As much as I love the X Division and everything that it used to stand for, there aren't really enough guys in that division anymore to need a belt. I mean when you think about it, how many X Division wrestlers are out there anymore? I'll name them all: Jay Lethal, Johnny Devine, Shark Boy, Elix Skipper & Sonjay Dutt...that is it!

AJ Styles, Alex Shelley, Chris Sabin, Jimmy Rave, & Homicide have all moved to the Tag Team Division. Samoa Joe, Eric Young(if you consider him to ever have been X Division), Kaz, & Petey Williams(supposedly) have all moved to the Heavyweight Division. So is it really worth having a title that 5 guys can fight over? There are more females wrestling for the Knockouts Title than that!

JohnCenaFan28
02-06-2008, 05:28 PM
I hope they don't get rid of it, but what FC said up there makes sense...

Budweizer38
02-07-2008, 04:25 AM
i would have to agree with what you say. it really puts it all into perspective.
but i would hope that tna would keep the x division around and place some of the lower card heavyweights back into it. the x division is what got me interested in tna to begin with.

TheUSB
02-07-2008, 05:49 AM
I think this is just TNA trying to bet a bunch of fan power behind the X Division. It's not going away.

But haven't they already had this proving ground angle before with Kevin Nash and Jay Lethal?

the infamous
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
the X Division IS TNA