PDA

View Full Version : Minogue offers wise words for troubled Spears

OMEN
01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/698679.jpg
HELPING HAND: Kylie Minogue has offered some wise words to troubled fellow pop star Britney Spears.
Kylie Minogue, a 20-year veteran of celebrity, has offered some wise words to troubled American star Britney Spears.

As photographs showed Spears sitting on a step crying outside her LA home on Monday in yet another bizarre public show of emotion, Minogue urged her fellow pop singer to seek help.

"I wish someone would write a manual about fame because it's not easy," the Australian star was quoted as saying in Britain's The Sun newspaper.

"I'm always loath to say that, because there are a lot more difficulties out there that people deal with every day – but when fame is handed to you, it is unique.

"It's not to the same extreme, but I can remember having a mini-meltdown myself – and unless you've got good people around to support you, you've got a problem."

Minogue also believes 26-year-old Spears, whose career has faltered amid an access battle over her two young sons, will bounce back.

"Who knows what is going on in her life?" said Minogue, who turns 40 in May.

"Britney isn't that young any more.

"I think she will still come back, but it's like she's taken an extended holiday.

"Whatever help she needs, she should reach out and get it."

AAP