PDA

View Full Version : Monster movie is a real stomach churner

OMEN
01-31-2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1232083.jpg
Monster movie fans are finding it difficult to stomach a hit new film.
Cloverfield has gone straight to the top of the box office charts since opening in the US.

But its jerky home-made style has left some watchers suffering from motion sickness.

Orange film critic Mark Appleby confirmed: "Having just watched it, I can vouch for it - I felt as sick as a pig afterwards!"

Cloverfield, made by Lost producer J J Abrams, follows a group of attractive 20-somethings by camcorder as they try to flee death and destruction in Manhattan.

The LA Times quoted one cinema goer as saying: "I got a pretty heinous headache afterwards."

"I'm really nauseous right now," admitted another, who vomited. "I wish I could get my money back."

And online critic James Berardinelli said: "There are those who will be unable to endure nearly 90 minutes. Some will experience motion sickness. Others will just be annoyed and disoriented."

Cloverfield opens in Britain on Friday.

Ananova

JohnCenaFan28
02-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Thanks for this.

Budweizer38
02-06-2008, 02:36 AM
i watched cloverfield and didnt get affected at all. i can definitely see how it would make people sick though. my wife attemped to watch a few minutes of it and had to leave the room. no i didnt let my wife leave the theatre without me because we were at home. i watched on on tv-links.

Dark Drakan
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Didnt bother me at all, it wasnt as bad as the Blair Witch Projects style. Was also a great movie i must add.

Skulder
02-06-2008, 07:10 PM
i watched cloverfield and didnt get affected at all. i can definitely see how it would make people sick though. my wife attemped to watch a few minutes of it and had to leave the room. no i didnt let my wife leave the theatre without me because we were at home. i watched on on tv-links.

if you think that this film can make people sick watch Aftermath or August Underground's Mordum :)