PDA

View Full Version : The Rock vs. HBK at WM 24?, SD/ECW Double Duty, More

Black Widow
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
- WWE recently sent out feelers to The Rock about wrestling Shawn Michaels for this year's Wrestlemania 24. They were hoping that the writers strike would help this cause, but there is a 99.9% chance of this never happening. The Rock still respects the business but some believe he has a problem with Michaels still. WWE also wanted The Rock to induct his father and grandfather into this year's Hall of Fame, but no word on whether or not that will work out.

- Expect the WWE to be looking to sign a lot of Mexican talent, mainly from the AAA promotion in the next year.

- WWE will be holding two Smackdown/ECW house shows on May 4th, 2008. The first takes place in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada at 1 PM and the second takes place in St. John, New Brunswick, Canada at 7:30 PM.

- ringsidenews.com

Bad Boy
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Wud love to see the Rock back, and even better wrestling Michaels... hope that .1% works out :P

sinistrechicano
02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
why does he have a problem with shawn?

W-OLF
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Doubt it the Rock has made it known on many occasions that he was snubbed entering the WWF then by none other than Shawn Michaels And I doubt he will ever let it go However money talks.

JohnCenaFan28
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
I hope the Rock comes back to do that match, but it's doubtful:sad:

Budweizer38
02-06-2008, 04:08 AM
would be an awesome match. if it did happen, rest assure that the $$$$ would be an extremely large amount. but we all know it wont.
will be cool to see the rock induct his pops and pappy.

legolas4792
02-06-2008, 04:22 AM
money talks but the rock already has money yelling at him from his multimillion dollar movies

bsbbdb
02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
the rock sold out i hope 2 never c the rock at wrestlemania again

Big Evil
02-06-2008, 08:06 PM
The Rock didn't sell out, he chose to pursue a different career. He has not turned his back on what made him, like Lesnar did. The Rock has much respect for the wrestling industry, and I'm sure if there was nothing else he'd return in a heartbeat.

With that said, I think a Michaels vs Rock match would be awesome, but I doubt it will happen. Like we all know, him and Shawn have some problems, so they won't be likely to work together. The Rock should induct his family tho.

Ill Will
02-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Basically, when I see "news" posted with a question mark behind it, I pretty much know that it's not true. The Rock will not be wrestling at WM 24.

sirwill3rd
02-06-2008, 11:30 PM
If he has such respect for the biz, he wouldn't need nor want a payoff to work WrestleMania. He'd just do it. The fact that he won't mean he did in fact sell out.

Ill Will
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
If he has such respect for the biz, he wouldn't need nor want a payoff to work WrestleMania. He'd just do it. The fact that he won't mean he did in fact sell out.Spoken like a true 12 year old.

You're acting as if The Rock owes you something. Newsflash: he doesn't. He didn't sell out, he just decided he didn't want to be a pro wrestler anymore, and I'm it wasn't a coincidence that in doing movies, he had the opportunity to make much more money, while not being required to risk his body every night. That's just a smart business decision. I guarantee you that the majority of WWE's current roster would do the same thing if they had the opportunity.