PDA

View Full Version : TNA Trying to Sign Controversial Basketball Coach

legolas4792
02-07-2008, 12:30 AM
TNA Wrestling sent out a text message today to its "TNA Mobile" subscribers that said: "TNA is in talks with coach Bobby Knight....more details to come."

Now, TNA's official website is reporting that the company is trying to sign controversial college basketball coach Boby Knight:

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION WRESTLING OFFERS COACHING JOB TO BOB KNIGHT

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling is offering its first-ever Head Coaching job to Bob Knight, the all-time winningest Division I men’s basketball coach known as much for his coaching genius as his fiery temper, who resigned Monday in the middle of the season as the Texas Tech coach.

“TNA Wrestling was shocked, like the rest of the sports world, to hear Coach Knight resigned,” said Jeff Jarrett, co-founder of TNA Wrestling, who was a high school and junior college basketball player in Tennessee before becoming a professional wrestler. “Coach Knight is a sports icon and we’d be thrilled and honored to have him join the ranks, to further build TNA Wrestling into a national power, much like he did for Texas Tech.”

Knight, 67, has been a head coach for 42 years at three Division I schools: Army, Indiana and Texas Tech. Knight won three national championships, including his 1976 Indiana team that went undefeated, a feat no team has done since. In 1984, he coached the U.S. Olympic team to a gold medal in Los Angeles.

TNA Wrestling has a lighter schedule than college basketball which should appeal to Coach Knight, Jarrett said, and TNA not only endorses chair-throwing, but has an endless supply of steel chairs.

Flair Country
02-07-2008, 12:54 AM
:no: Here comes another Pacman Jones situation...

Big Evil
02-07-2008, 01:51 AM
What in the blue hell!? What use could they possibly have for a coach in TNA? I think it's official... TNA will sell out to anyone who could bring in a couple extra viewers. This is getting annoying and pathetic.

JohnCenaFan28
02-07-2008, 02:33 AM
TNA's so desperate...:no:

C-Mac
02-07-2008, 03:49 AM
WHY??????!?!?!?!?! Who would think of this dumbass idea???

5be92
02-07-2008, 03:50 AM
what do you guys think he's gonna be if he joins tna? not that i think he would

ClayMation
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
this is totally lame, i dont see Knight signing any kind of deal. Even if he did...what the hell would they do with him? All it would do is tarnish Bobby knights great career as a coach.

As for what he would be if he did...probably a guest referee in a match or something. I dont see him getting physical. He's like 67

Skulder
02-07-2008, 06:17 PM
it just a publicity thing

Bad Boy
02-07-2008, 06:24 PM
^exactly... they just wanna sign big names to them, so they get a few extra viewers... and I agree, this might just turn out like another Pacman situation

Vinnyspapa
02-11-2008, 05:49 AM
^exactly... they just wanna sign big names to them, so they get a few extra viewers... and I agree, this might just turn out like another Pacman situation

The problem is that they throw a stack of cash at these people for publicity stunts and dont make any money in return. I mean really who is going to order a PPV because Knight is on the card? Thats just bad business.

mikedudelang
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
this is why tna will never TOUCH the wwe...

vince mcmahon could kill a cat on live tv and still have better ratings than tna.

jarrett is lost...