PDA

View Full Version : Major Concern Within WWE Over Declining RAW Ratings

Black Widow
02-08-2008, 09:58 PM
There is still great concern within WWE about the continued decline in Monday Night RAW's ratings. Sources say it's to the point now where some WWE officials are becoming frustrated with not being able to better the product and bring the ratings up.

The RAW coming out of the Royal Rumble scored a 3.9 rating, while this past Monday's RAW rating dipped back down to a 3.6. As is the case with RAW's of the past year or so, WWE just can't seem to hold the viewership in the weeks leading up to the next pay-per-view's.

There is still pressure from the USA Network and Bonnie Hammer. The network continues to suggest storylines and other ideas to WWE officials. While WWE depends a lot on pay-per-view being a success and often uses big Superstar returns to push the shows, USA has asked that WWE save some big happenings for RAW. For example, Chris Jericho's big return last year. Basically, USA wants more main event caliber matches and big happenings on RAW to help bring the ratings up.

- 24Wrestling.com

JohnCenaFan28
02-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Totally agree, RAW has been disappointing since Royal Rumble...

Ill Will
02-09-2008, 03:21 AM
I think it's clear that for the last couple years, WWE has been much more concerned with PPV buys than TV ratings. That's one of the main concepts that drove WCW out of business. WWE needs to go back to the basics of pro wrestling and stop with all the fancy stuff. I honestly think they're trying to hard sometimes. Also, competent writers would help.

Big Evil
02-09-2008, 03:36 AM
This just goes to show that WWE needs to up the ante and shake things up for a change. I'm tired of seeing the same old feuds with the only twist being who is involved. Lets see some new stuff, get more imaginative, younger writers who can take people by surprise, and for once stop being so damn predictable!

JohnCenaFan28
02-09-2008, 04:25 AM
^ Totally agree with both Ill Will and Dan.