PDA

View Full Version : Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson Speaks On His WWE Status

Black Widow
03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson recently spoke to MonstersandCritics.com about how he considers himself a retired pro wrestler.

“I probably wouldn’t keep getting asked when I’m going back to the ring if I had made a bigger splash about my retirement,” Johnson says. “But I retired quietly five years ago. I didn’t want it to be a grand exit, I just wanted to walk away. So I thanked everyone I needed to thank and did just that.”

The Rock also says that his goal as an actor is to win an Oscar. You can read the full interview Below.

The Rock wants to win an Oscar.

The former WWE wrestler - real name Dwayne Johnson - has starred in a handful of films, including 'The Mummy Returns' and 'Be Cool', since quitting the ring but is already dreaming of triumphing at the Academy Awards.

He said: "I had a chance to present an Oscar at this year's ceremony and was asked if I'd like to win one myself. And sure, of course, it's every actor's dream. In fact, winning an Oscar is definitely a goal of mine."

Despite his grandiose acting plans, The Rock admits people still think he is a wrestler because he never officially announced his retirement.

He explained: "I probably wouldn't keep getting asked when I'm going back to the ring if I had made a bigger splash about my retirement. But I retired quietly five years ago. I didn't want it to be a grand exit, I just wanted to walk away. So I thanked everyone I needed to thank and did just that."

The Rock can next be seen in American football comedy 'The Game Plan'.

The Rock vs. John Cena is a dream match for WWE to hold at WrestleMania 25, but even with a huge payoff from Vince McMahon, Johnson's agents and managers might talk him out of it if they fear it would damage his career.

24Wrestling.com

JohnCenaFan28
03-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Cena beating Rock is the plan probably...:no: Thanks for this.

C-Mac
03-02-2008, 04:11 AM
I dunno... if the Rock really decided to come back, do you really think that Vinnie Mac would have Cena beat the Rock?

Bad Boy
03-02-2008, 05:28 AM
if it did happen, Rock wouldn't agree to get beat by Cena... heck, 99.9% this match will never even happen... lol

stanley.79
03-02-2008, 05:45 PM
this mach will never happen

Y0UR Messiah
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
The Rock ain't coming back. Just like SCSA is never going to come back. Both men are happy making movies. I hate to say it myself, but The Rock is a pretty good actor. So is Austin. If they did come back I would even buy the PPV just to see it because I miss both of them in the ring. Oh well.