PDA

View Full Version : The Absolute Latest Backstage News On SD!'s Future

JohnCenaFan28
03-03-2008, 09:33 PM
- It is believed MyNetwork TV agreed to pay at least the weekly $700,000 WWE is receiving from the CW Network.

- They have yet to announce which night of the week Smackdown will air on, but the general assumption is Thursday nights.

- MyNetworkTV averages 0.7 rating in prime time, so if Smackdown generates the same 2.8 average, it would pull up the network's average to 1.1, but still not challenging CW for the no. 5 spot.

- Even though WGN wasn't a strong possibility for Smackdown, the network was interested. It appears WWE used WGN to avoid MyNetworkTV low-balling them on the price.

Source: Wrestlezone

Stamkos
03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Haha, they'll end up switching from Thursday Night Smackdown, to Friday Night Smackdown, and then back to Thursday Night Smackdown again. I haven't even heard of MyNetwork TV, because I'm from Canada. It's a shame it didn't go to NBC or WGN.... I would have been able to get it on HD then.

JohnCenaFan28
03-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm mad that they picked that channel, I don't get it...:sad: Why couldn't they have chosen WGN/NBC?!:pullhair:

Stamkos
03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
They definately would have received more ratings by choosing NBC, especially from more Canadians. Here in Canada, we get NBC, but not MyNetwork TV or The CW Network.

Ill Will
03-04-2008, 12:05 AM
^WWE doesn't just have free right to pick whatever station they want. NBC probably doesn't want or need Smackdown, and as the article mentioned, WWE only flirted with the idea of WGN to get as much as they could from MyNetworkTV. If you think MyNetworkTV isn't a very popular channel, you'll be surprised, I guess, to know that a lot less people get WGN than MyNetworkTV.

BTW, this only affects where Smackdown airs in the U.S. Anyone that gets Smackdown on a channel other than CW will not be seeing any changes, except maybe the night of the week Smackdown airs.

Stamkos
03-04-2008, 12:14 AM
^^ I suppose you're right. As for not knowing what the hell MyNetwork TV is, it's probably because I live in Canada and don't get it. I do get NBC and WGN though. The main reason I wanted it to go to one of those two channels, was due to HD. I have WGN HD and NBC HD, but don't have MyNetwork TV HD.... if there even is such a thing.

legolas4792
03-04-2008, 12:42 AM
i have mynetworktv (its called my9 on my tv) but never knew i had it

Attila
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
WGN would be a bad decision for the simple fact its a Chicago based local channel and not all states get them. I'd be fine with it, I have it but rating would be really low.

slicer
03-04-2008, 05:24 AM
Thank god i have MyNetworkTV

Stamkos
03-04-2008, 05:56 AM
WGN would be a bad decision for the simple fact its a Chicago based local channel and not all states get them. I'd be fine with it, I have it but rating would be really low.

Wow, that's funny. A channel in the US that not all states get, but yet Canadians get it? Odd. I watch WGN all the time.

Ill Will
03-05-2008, 07:20 AM
^^ I suppose you're right. As for not knowing what the hell MyNetwork TV is, it's probably because I live in Canada and don't get it. I do get NBC and WGN though. The main reason I wanted it to go to one of those two channels, was due to HD. I have WGN HD and NBC HD, but don't have MyNetwork TV HD.... if there even is such a thing.Yes, there is such a thing, but seeing as how you live in Canada, you don't even watch Smackdown on CW anyway (right?), so it won't be moving. Smackdown airs in Canada on The Score, which is available in HD, and it won't be moving from that channel in Canada. So really, you have nothing to complain about.

WGN would be a bad decision for the simple fact its a Chicago based local channel and not all states get them.

WGN TV and Superstation WGN are two separate channels. The first is a local station in Chicago. The second is a Chicago-based national cable station available on every major cable and satellite provider.

Wow, that's funny. A channel in the US that not all states get, but yet Canadians get it? Odd. I watch WGN all the time.

...I think this serves as a testimony that WGN is obviously not a local just a local station in Chicago if people in other countries get it...