PDA

View Full Version : Teen is allergic to water

OMEN
03-03-2008, 11:37 PM
An Australian teenager can't go swimming, soak in a bath or enjoy a shower because she's allergic to water.

Ashleigh Morris, 19, is even allergic to her own sweat which brings her out in a rash, reports the Daily Mail.

Ashleigh, from Melbourne, Australia, has been allergic to water after an aggravating dose of penicillin when she was 14.

The media student became one of a handful in the world to develop incurable Aquagenic Urticaria.

Now she always keeps umbrellas handy, sleeps with a sheet between her boyfriend Adam to avoid sweat and stays in for hours after showers to let her rash calm.

But Ashleigh still enjoys life: "I picked myself up, kept going," she said.

Annanova

Stamkos
03-04-2008, 12:03 AM
But our body is filled with water. Can she even drink it?

JohnCenaFan28
03-04-2008, 02:41 AM
That's very strange... she needs help.

legolas4792
03-04-2008, 03:12 AM
she can drink water but it gives her rashes

Stamkos
03-04-2008, 04:27 AM
That's horrible.... I can't imagine being like that. Life without swimming would suck, especially in Australia because it gets so damn hot there.

Pretty Fly Guy
03-04-2008, 04:58 AM
But our body is filled with water. Can she even drink it?

That's what I'm thinking.
Your blood is mostly water... Hell, the body is made up of 98% water. This seems impossible to me because she would be in a rash 24/7 due to the water content of her body. I believe this article is no telling us some very vital information that would make this disorder plausible.

Stamkos
03-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Well, maybe she's only allergic when the water makes contact with the outside of the skin? It just seems very strange for anyone to be allergic to water. We used to make jokes because my little brother didn't like taking baths. We said he was allergic to water. Lol.

Vance
03-04-2008, 10:04 AM
wtf,what happened to this section,its all news,i thought there was a world news section for this crap?

The Yiz
03-04-2008, 10:55 AM
how the hell can she be living, its more than likely youre bound to be in contact with water at some point during the hour. Plus, her mouth needs to be moist otherwise she will ahve other problems