PDA

View Full Version : Blu-Ray Xbox 360 Coming Soon?

Flair Country
03-07-2008, 05:08 PM
to reports, Sony is in talks with Microsoft to bring the Blu-ray player device to the Xbox 360. Reports state that Sony U.S. President Stanley Glasgow has approached Microsoft to strike a deal for either a new Xbox 360 model with Blu-ray built in, or an add-on Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360.

Rumors have been flying over the course of the past two days with many reports stating that Sony and Microsoft are very close to a deal to bring Blu-ray to the Xbox 360.

This comes just a few weeks after the fall of the HD DVD format. This caused Microsoft to drop their external HD DVD drive for the Xbox 360, with it now carrying a fire sale price point of $49.99 just so that they can get rid of whatever stock is left.

The HD DVD format is clearly done, and with that, rumors have been circulating that Microsoft and Sony are talking.

Microsoft stated in the past that they would give the consumers what they wanted if the HD DVD format ever fell to the Blu-ray format.

They made it very clear in quotes that it was not out of the realm of possibility that a Blu-ray Xbox 360 drive could release.

There is no telling as of yet if there is any total truth to this or not, but it is certainly looking like something Microsoft is taking very seriously.

Sources just a few weeks ago stated that Microsoft was going to get out a Blu-ray drive for the Xbox 360 as soon as this May, so we will have to see how it all goes.

dBTechno

JohnCenaFan28
03-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I'll have to keep up with this story so that I'll be able to know what to do with my 360...

Dark Drakan
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
I dont think they would create a 360 with a built in Blu Ray drive as it wouldnt read current games and also the current Blu Ray drives load much slower than regular ones. I do think they will bring out a Blu Ray player separate for it at some point though.

wedge
03-12-2008, 12:32 AM
I can see them putting out a separate Blu Ray unit. They already have an HD DVD drive out, for whatever good it is now.