PDA

View Full Version : Couple's homecoming surprise

OMEN
03-10-2008, 09:23 PM
An Australian couple returned from holiday to find police about to hold a press conference about their suspicious disappearance.

Police and the media had gathered at the Melbourne home of William Ostell, 63 and his wife Heather, 58, after their daughter Angela reported them missing.

She had gone to their house and found the front door unlocked, the car gone and their dog home alone, reports the Melbourne Age.

So when the Ostells turned into the driveway in their "missing" 1975 Kombi, the couple, Angela and the assembled police and press were all stunned.

"Where have you been?" Angela yelled, leaving her parents dumbfounded about all the fuss.

Mrs Ostell, 58, told reporters that they had taken a "spur of the moment" long weekend break and had not been able to reach their daughter to tell her.

"We had decided on Friday morning (to have a break) and we just let a couple of people know," she said. They arranged for neighbours to take care of their pet dog, and left the door unlocked by accident.

"I'll blame my husband for that. We're pretty security conscious," she said. "We just wanted to get out on the road and to get out of here."

The couple were shocked by the commotion at home and said they regretted worrying their daughter: "I'll have to make my peace with her," Mr Ostell said.

Ananaova

JohnCenaFan28
03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Hmm, thanks for the read.

Jodes
03-14-2008, 10:47 AM
so if a couple of people knew then why did they not tell the daughter? LOL

GerardRkoGillen
03-14-2008, 11:39 AM
thats probably the funniest thing I have ever read