PDA

View Full Version : Elevation X Match....gotta be Russo's baby.

TylerK
03-10-2008, 11:48 PM
By far out of all the matches on the Destination X card, the Elevation X match was the worst. The concept of this match apparently is the first person to fall down loses..... Now I won't give out any important spoilers from the Destination X PPV but they were on the damn structure for maybe 4 minutes. Never standing, unless they just got on top and when they got ontop trhey crawled like a bunch of babies. Russo if this is your idea, well done, another thing for people to bitch about you. It's a terrible match buddy and you should definitly cut out the Elevation from the name and leave the X cause thats what it is a STRIKE!

C-Mac
03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Did you not see last year's match with Styles vs. Rhino???

Glorious Maxxwell
03-11-2008, 10:44 PM
The Styles and Rhino Elevation X = Phenominal.... moving on...

The Elevation X is not an original idea... the X was originally an I and was called a Scaffold Match... and most scaffold matches were like the one from last night... the wrestlers on their knees or bellies, making sure not to fall off before the finish...

Having a great scaffold match is impossible, it requires a lot of balance, and that's just something that most people don't have on a ledge like that... or a height like that... which is probably why they spent all but four minutes on the X.

That's just some of my thoughts....

Kage
03-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I dont blame Rhino or Storm for crawling around like that. One wrong move and you fall. And if you fall the wrong way it could end your life or career.

-3:16-
03-18-2008, 08:02 PM
Elevation X was played out abit this year and much of it was imitated to that of Styles/Rhino last year in the way Storm was hiding in the X, and in the same way Rhino found him, nonetheless it was a good match to say the least, I liked the psycology with the beer, and how it played a part in the match, and the fall at the end looked better done than last year.

I'd agree with Maxx that this is just a different name for a Scaffold match, this is the kind of match you wouldn't expect there to be many spots, the aim of the match is to create suspense, but most importantly, tell a story, and TNA did a good job at that.

KingEckx
04-15-2008, 03:46 PM
i see the point of the elevation X match... i jus had alot bigger hopes for it.... like it was said, they pretty much copyed, the whole Hiding thing, from Stylez and Rhyno... i jus don't see the point of the match, if yer not gonna do something fuckin crazy.. this is TNA ... i didn't see very much action...... but still.. i wouldn't be running around on no elevation x.