PDA

View Full Version : Boys, 4, cuffed for refusing nap

OMEN
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Parents of two four-year-old boys in New York are suing officials after their sons were allegedly handcuffed for refusing to take a nap.

Lawyer Scott Agulnick says a substitute teacher took Jaden Diaz and Christopher Brito to an empty classroom.

Then, a school safety officer allegedly entered the room, cuffed the boys' wrists - and told them they would never see their parents again.

Mr Agulnick said the families were seeking damages, adding: "Failure to comply with nap time is hardly an offence that warrants being handcuffed, or threatened, for that matter."

Christopher, now five, told his mother Vasso Brito, 34: "I wasn't shot, but my hands were tied," she told the New York Post.

"Right now, I feel there are monsters in school," she said. "I'm still perturbed. As I'm talking to you, I'm shaking."

Jaden, now six, remembers a man who was dressed like a cop walked in, sat at a big desk and threatened them.

"He was police," Jaden said. "He said, 'You know what happens when you don't go to sleep in there? . . . 'When you go to jail, you're not going to have no fun, no TV, no toys.' "

Education officials and the NYPD, which oversees school-safety officers, have yet to comment about the case at The Bilingual School in The Bronx.

Annanaova

OMG i always knew that New York was a togh place to live but picking on four year old kids...Thats just so wrong....

Dark Drakan
03-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Thats pretty harsh to say the least.... they should be ashamed.

DX1
03-12-2008, 10:30 PM
That cop should lose his badage

Vance
03-12-2008, 10:36 PM
WTF...fuck im never going near new york

JohnCenaFan28
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM
That's really dumb and harsh...

Jodes
03-14-2008, 10:42 AM
i think whoever did that should be fired and the school should also have something happen that way it never happends again.