PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Stuart Scott Comments On Floyd Mayweather/WWE

Black Widow
03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Date Added: March 18, 2008
Story By: Richard Gray

ESPN personality Stuart Scott recently commented on Floyd Mayweather working with WWE for his match at WrestleMania XXIV against Big Show. Scott's comments are from a chat that he does on the ESPN website where there are a few questions and answers selected and included in his “Two Way” column in ESPN: The Magazine. The below question and answer is featured in the Stuart Scott “Two Way” column in the latest 10th Anniversary Special issue of ESPN: The Magazine.

Dylan from San Francisco asks: Stu, what do you think about Floyd Mayweather's plan to wrestle in the WWE? If Vince McMahon called, would you join the smackdown?

Stuart Scott: I see why older athletes who still crave competition and want to keep their names in the headlines doe something like this. But I admit I was surprised to hear the world's best pound-for-pound boxer had signed up. As for Vince calling me, I'd have to decline. I'm old-school. If I can't get in the ring against Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, or the Road Warriors, then forget it. In fact, I'll go even older-school here: Thunderbolt Patterson, Big Cat Ernie Ladd, the Mighty Igor - if I can't wrestle the guys I watched as a kid, I won't wrestle anybody.

prowrestling.com

JohnCenaFan28
03-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks for this.

Ill Will
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
lol @ "the smackdown". Stuart Scott obviously isn't aware that Ric Flair is still wrestling, and that his match at Wrestlemania will most likely be the main event.