PDA

View Full Version : Backstage News On Possible Angle/Undertaker Feud

bad_meetz_evil
01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
01/16/2006 - -- It has been reported previously from various sources that The Undertaker wants to have a good quality wrestling match at WrestleMania, and the name Kurt Angle specifically has come up in regards to an opponent for him. Taker has been saying that this could likely be his last WrestleMania, and with Kurt Angle’s bad neck you never know when his could be.

With Kurt Angle the new Heavyweight champion, this could open the door for Taker to chase Angle for the title leading into WrestleMania. Past buyrates and ratings have proven that, statistically, having the face chasing the heel for the title does much better in the main event slot in regards to buyrates and ratings.

Bad Boy
01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
it would be good if the deadman would become champ . or even better if Angle would break the deadman's winning streak at WM

cookie_dough_619
01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I still wanna see Benoit go after Kurt. But if the Deadman was to chase him, I could live with that.

LionDen
01-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Since Taker is coming to the end of hs career, i am pretty sure he will hold the title once more, just a question of when. It would be a huge shock if Taker actually lost at Wrestlemania.

The Major
01-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Taker should win at Wrestlemania, hol dth etitle for a few month then drop it to a worhty oppenent, and have the best darn retirement in wwe, let him go out in a blaze of glory, let him hold the gold one last time.

Straight Edge
01-18-2006, 01:45 PM
I could actually see Kurt Angle winning that match to be honest, I know many will say that 'Taker's Wrestlemania record should stay in tact because of the fact he's gone 13-0 at Wrestlemania over the past 13 years since his debut in the WWE, and I know that 'Taker should get at least get 1 more title run before he retires (he'd might as well, seeing as he only works part time now for WWE)

But would WWE have Angle drop the title to 'Taker?

And to be honest, no-one really knows the answer until we at least see the match happen (should it happen at Wrestlemania 22) but I don't think that WWE would have Angle drop the Title after only 3 month's as the champ (they'll more than likely do the same with Edge, should he still hold the WWE Title), so if WWE are planning on Angle/'Taker then I would book it after Wrestlemania 21, if they want to keep 'Taker's Wrestlemania record intact.

cookie_dough_619
01-19-2006, 01:42 AM
I raed another rumour that, should this be Taker's last hurrah, they would have him win the Rumble. He's never won it before (has he even come close, I can't remember..), and it would be a great 'tribute' to him. Oh, and have him go on & take the title off Kurt at Mania. Only to drop it a short while later. Again, all of this is a huge 'if'....