PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Liddell Comments On Kurt Angle's MMA Claims

Will
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
In an interview with the UK's Setanta Sports News, UFC star Chuck Liddell says Kurt Angle is "living in a dream world" if he truly thinks he can make a dent in Mixed Martial Arts competition:

"He talks about it all the time, but he hasn’t made any movements towards doing it, to my knowledge he hasn’t done any training or cross-training. If he’s just gonna come in and wrestle, he’s going to get beat, you can’t just be a one-dimensional fighter in The UFC."

Dmac
03-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Chuck is not wrong by an extent, I truly beleive that Angle is letting his ego control him, he can barely get through a damn pro wresting match without pain killers, how does expect to hang with the best in a real fight? Here's your answer, he wont.

wedge
03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Sometimes I think Angle just throws out an MMA match interview to keep his name in the headlines. I like Angle as a pro wrestler and respect his gold medal and how he earned it. But Liddell is right, Angle or anyone else is not just going to walk in to the octagon or other cage and win by wrestling alone.
Look at Lesnar. The guy's a freak and has trained and he still got submitted in a fight he was thought to have won before he entered the cage.
Out of respect for his wrestling abilities, I'd give Angle to the middle of the first round before he is either submitted or knocked out.

Goreinator
04-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Angle vs. anyone in UFC = Angle get KO'ed from his feet.

Period.

gator
04-14-2008, 11:44 AM
there is a old saying shit or get of the pot