PDA

View Full Version : Update On Fan Lawsuit Against Wwe

Black Widow
03-21-2008, 06:06 PM
UPDATE ON FAN LAWSUIT AGAINST WWE AND THE SANDMAN CLAIMING FAN ASSAULT DURING FORMER ECW CHAMP'S GRAND ENTRANCE

An update on the lawsuit filed against World Wrestling Entertainment and The Sandman by a Karlene Boutwell, who alleges the former WWE star committed assault and battery on her during The 8/8/06 ECW on Sci Fi taping in Nashville, TN. Both sides are currently finalizing the discovery period and need to file all written discovery by 3/24 with the United States District Court in Nashville, TN.

Boutwell alleges in her lawsuit, in which she is seeking $100,000 in damages that the Sandman, "while bleeding from a self-imposed wound to his head, grabbed her, picked her up, and threw her, not only injuring her back and aggravating pre-existing injuries, but also exposing her to blood and humiliating her."

In a Case Management order issued by the presiding judge last July, WWE noted that that they deny all claims and have provided footage of Sandman's entrance that night to Boutwell in an attempt to get her to drop the lawsuit.

Sandman did indeed make his traditional entrance through the crowd on that show, which was broadcast live on the Sci Fi Network, to rescue a beaten Tommy Dreamer from Paul Heyman and his minions. The actual Sandman entrance from that event is still online on ECW.com at this link, so you can judge for yourself as to whether Sandman comes into physical contact with any woman, much less picks one up and commits assault and battery.

WWE is also claiming that they would not be liable for any "attack" since Sandman was an independent contractor for the company, not an employee, at the time of the incident

Boutwell filed the lawsuit in April 2007. The case is set to go to trial on 11/4.

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
03-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the read.

Ill Will
03-22-2008, 05:05 AM
So here (http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/tvshows/ecw/200608/3152374/0808sandmanent?section=%2Fshows%2Fecw%2Fshows1%2Fe cwonscifi%2Farchive%2F08082006%2Fvideos%2F) is the actual link to the video. Unless part of the entrance has been edited out, this woman is certifiably insane because Sandman surely did not physically assault anyone. I could understand people maybe objecting to having beer spit on them, but that's not worth $100,000, and still falls far short of the claims this woman is making. No where in the entrance does Sandman grab, pick up, or throw any human being. Ironically, he doesn't even do any of that once he gets in the ring.

This woman is delusional.

modest91
03-22-2008, 03:59 PM
How dumb do you gotta be to say Sandman did that when his entrance is on camera? Someone just wanted to lie their ass of and get some money out of it...idiot.

DUKE NUKEM
03-22-2008, 04:06 PM
i have been to atlest 13 ecw ppvs back in the day i have see the sandman come right past me and he did not make much eye contact with the fans that i could see i think this lady is just looking for a hand out