PDA

View Full Version : Floyd: I'm worth all $20million

Black Widow
03-22-2008, 01:22 PM
HE is reputed to be earning more than any grappler in history to fight Big Show at WrestleMania 24 on March 30 – but Floyd Mayweather maintains he is worth every penny.

Experts agree that the $20million (£10million) the WWE say they are paying the six-time boxing world champion is a hugely inflated figure, but Floyd maintains it’s both real and deserved.

He told The Sun: “Why is it too much money for Vince McMahon to give me?

“This is a billion dollar industry, why is it too much to give me $20million?

“I deserve it!

“Who’s to say what’s too much? Ain’t nobody who can put a limit on what I should be getting.

“I’ve been filling arenas, putting asses in seats and breaking records.

“When you do things like that you deserve to eat from the top shelf."

Talking about wrestlers who may resent the huge sum, Floyd advised: “Some get more than others and you should be appreciative of the spot that you are in.”

He added: “When I arrived in the WWE I’m not sure the wrestlers liked me too much, because they thought I was trying to take over what they’ve been doing for years.

“But I'm just trying to entertain and help wrestling do numbers they've never done before.

"And once they got the chance to know me, they all liked me.”

Floyd is also keen to stress that he loves the business.

He said: “I am a true fan of wrestling and I have been for a very very long time.

“My favourites growing up were Hulk Hogan, Mr Wonderful Paul Orndoff, Jake The Snake Roberts, Junkyard Dog, Mr Perfect, Nikolai Volkoff, Iron Sheik, King Kong Bundy and the list goes on and on.

“To compete at WrestleMania will be amazing."

thesun.co.uk

JohnCenaFan28
03-22-2008, 08:58 PM
:girlsigh: Thanks for this.