PDA

View Full Version : TNA's Plan To Disrupt WWE's WrestleMania XXIV

JohnCenaFan28
03-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that WWE has learned that TNA Wrestling has plans of flying an airplane over the Citrus Bowl arena tomorrow with an attached banner that reads something along the lines of "Watch TNA Impact."

While WWE has already informed their cameramen and production crew to make sure the banner is not shown on television, the 70,000 plus fans in attendance will be able to read it. According to Meltzer numerous incidents have occurred over the weekend involving TNA and WWE.

Source: Wrestlezone

Personally, I don't mind TNA advertising all the time around the WWE fans and stuff, but during the event they should really try to leave WWE alone and let them do their thing instead of drawing attention away from the already "lacking" WWE show.

Black Widow
03-30-2008, 06:17 PM
"Watch TNA Impact." i really hope they do it :D

Bad Boy
03-30-2008, 06:42 PM
lol... that wud be really sad on TNA's part... shows no professionalism on their part...

wwe9112
03-30-2008, 07:19 PM
It's a good idea, but yea leave there show alone. I'm a big fan of TNA, but this shows that they aren't pro's but like children, and want to disrupt stuff.

Ill Will
03-30-2008, 07:40 PM
I think the term "disrupt" is a little too bold. What exactly is being disrupted? Some fans in the arena will glance up for a few seconds. It's actually good marketing strategy if you ask me.

wwe9112
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
It is a good strat, but I don't think TNA should do this. They are trying to start something they can't handle. TNA needs to wait a couple of more years before starting stuff, and trying to have MondayNight wars or what ever. WWE may close the done, then TNA would have burned all that money on nothing, never know.

flamesoffury
03-30-2008, 10:22 PM
I think the term "disrupt" is a little too bold. What exactly is being disrupted? Some fans in the arena will glance up for a few seconds. It's actually good marketing strategy if you ask me.

Some people might agree with you. Others will think it's very childish and unprofessional. To be honest, it's both. They will have acheived their goal of drawing more attention, but that really is sad. To try to leech your rival's fan base.. it sounds like an idea Kurt Angle came up with.. I wonder if it was his idea..

legolas4792
03-30-2008, 10:58 PM
i just hope theres not noise while im watching mania from the plain

Ill Will
04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
It is a good strat, but I don't think TNA should do this. They are trying to start something they can't handle. TNA needs to wait a couple of more years before starting stuff, and trying to have MondayNight wars or what ever. WWE may close the done, then TNA would have burned all that money on nothing, never know.Since when does the Citrus Bowl have a dome (which is what I'm assuming you meant by "close the done")?

Some people might agree with you. Others will think it's very childish and unprofessional.You probably shouldn't be jumping to conclusions on what I think, because I never said it wouldn't be unprofessional or childish, I just said it would be good marketing strategy. I never implied that those two notions couldn't coexist. You're presenting them as if they conflict with each other.