PDA

View Full Version : Wwe Not Happy With Raw Rating, Backlash Matches Announced, Hardys Comic And More

Black Widow
04-02-2008, 05:43 PM
According to a number of sources, WWE was thought to be unhappy with the post WrestleMania Raw rating. Internally, they were expecting the show to do at the very least a 4, considering that it aired after their biggest PPV of the year. I am under the impression that the company didn't even release the number company-wide, as they usually do on Monday afternoon via email, because some people I spoke with that usually know the number had not received it. Others who did have it told me that the brass wasn't happy with it. As a matter of background, WWE used to allow certain people in the company to give the ratings numbers to sites like this one. In 2002, as the numbers started to drop, those people were told that it was no longer allowed. In fact, they were told they had better not get caught doing so. For a while, the lockdown was solid (luckily for us, we don't depend on WWE sources for ratings) but slowly thereafter the numbers started leaking out from WWE headquarters again. It's interesting that the number wasn't made available by WWE sources yesterday as it was after WrestleMania X8 in 2002 when WWE cut off access to the "insider" media.

In case you didn't read the Smackdown spoilers, WWE has announced that both Chavo Guerrero and Edge will get title rematches at Backlash. After the way Chavo got squashed in 5 seconds, does he even deserve one?

Arvid S. sent this. ... Comic book great John Byrne posted a comic he's drawn for the WWE Kids Magazine on his forum: "The Hardys in Space". We had mentioned a few weeks back that WWE was interviewing comic book professionals for the magazine and Byrne is a huge name in that genre.

Chris Glavin sent, which goes the top searches on Yahoo. WrestleMania is number one. WWE is number three.

Frank Imparato sent this. Man, it's a nice story. ... My name is and I am currently employed as a 9-1-1 dispatcher and I am a former Traffic Accident Investigator. I am also a certified first responder. I was attending the Mickie James/Torrie Wilson autograph signing in Orlando this weekend. I was about 5 people away from getting an autograph when my mother Loretta observed a man going into an epileptic seizure. I immediately made my way threw the crowd to get to the gentleman. Once I got up to the patient I observed him collapse and begin violently shaking. Immediately, I noticed that he was too close to that table where Mickey and Torrie where seated, and it was a danger to him. I instructed Mickie and Torrie to clear the area around the patient. Mickie immediately got up from the table and Torrie and I moved the table out of the way. I then knelt by the patient and began to administer basic life support. I instructed someone to call 911 and made sure that EMS was on the way. During this time Mickie James knelt down next to me and took hold of the gentleman hand. When the gentleman came out of his seizure the first thing he saw was Mickie looking down at him telling him everything was going to be ok. She was a great assistance to me while I conducted a patient assessment, as she kept his mind off of what just happened and she was able to keep him cool, calm, and collected. She truly was a vital part of the first aid process. I feel with out a shadow of a doubt, that had it not been for the quick reactions of Mickie and I the headlines would read "Fan dies at autograph singing" rather then "Mickey helps save a fans life". I would like to thank Mickie for going above and beyond the call of duty. She truly exemplified what it means to be a WWE superstar.

Neal Jones sent this one. ... Brutus The Barber Beefcake will be the guest live tonight at 7 PM Eastern on inyourheadonline.com. If you want to call in and ask a question yourself please call between 7:00 and 7:30 PM EST at 508-644-8503. We will also have an interview with TNA's Father James Mitchell.

PWInsider.com

JohnCenaFan28
04-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Way to go Mickie!:D