PDA

View Full Version : TNA News: Matt Morgan, Indy Wrestlers Coming To TNA, Kip James

OMEN
01-16-2006, 11:40 PM
# Debra wasn't the only former WWE star backstage at last night's TNA pay-per-view as Matt Morgan was backstage as well.

# The following list of indy wrestlers are being looked at for a possible contract or tryout with TNA: Kevin Steen, El Generico, Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Harry Smith, Cody Steele, Mike Foxx and Matt Sydal. Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are both high on Matt Sydal.

sources - PWInsider.com, Wrestling Observer Newsletter

# TNA posted an article on Kip James where he discusses Rockabilly and more.

The article:

New "Outside The Ring" - Kip James News
January 13th, 2006 11:17
OUTSIDE THE RING: KIP JAMES
By Ross Forman

Kip James is still asked about Rockabilly, a persona he portrayed about 10 years ago in the WWF after the split of The Smoking Gunns, on a regular basis. Almost daily, in fact.

Rockabilly was, quite simply, the worst thing he’s done, period.

“I hated that; I despised it. It was brutal. It was almost worse than Doink The Clown,” said James, a 16-year veteran of mat wars who’s career has included stints as Billy Gunn, Mr. Ass, “The One” Billy Gunn and The Outlaw, among others.

Forget the past, Kip James as Kip James is the future … but with plenty of his most successful past. James is back teaming with BG James, reuniting one of the greatest tag teams in wrestling history.

“When we teamed together for the first time years ago, I knew it was going to work. It was a once-in-a-lifetime situation where we just clicked from the start,” said James. “We have such a contrast of personalities; we have such a different work-ethic. But, when we come together, we just work well. I can’t really tell you why; we just click.

“We’ve worked against each other a bunch of times, but I couldn’t put my finger on it per se because we were always against each other. But I knew then that, if we teamed, we’d be good.”

James, who has been a tag-team and singles champion on double-digit occasions, said he loves reflecting on his past. “It’s kind of flattering when people talk about my past, especially when they remember every little thing I’ve done,” he said.

“We were working almost all of the time when I broke in, yet hardly making any money. Then all of a sudden things went through the roof, and wrestling has the tendency to do that. You couldn’t go anywhere at one time without people stopping you, recognizing you, asking for autographs.”

Those days could soon be returning, especially with the talent splattered across the TNA roster.

“Sure, some of the TNA guys are not yet house-hold names, but, once the fans watch these guys and see what they can do, I know people will be hooked,” James said. “We have some of the best talent anywhere. These guys are unbelievable. They aren’t just wrestlers; they’re athletes. And when you’re an athlete before you’re a wrestler, there’s nothing that you can’t do.”

James’ toughest critics are his children, ages 11 and 14. “If they don’t like something, they’ll be the first to tell me,” Dad said.

Well, right now the youngsters are quite content.

TNA wrestling

Straight Edge
01-17-2006, 11:31 AM
For the love of god, TNA had better not sign Matt Morgan to a contract.. he was rubbish in the WWE, especially with the stuttering gimmick he had towards the end of his WWE career, and IMO TNA don't need him. He's better of wrestling in Japan, like he's been doing since his WWE release.

I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Evans in TNA so Generation Next will be re-formed, Teddy Hart and also Matt Sydal would also be good signings