PDA

View Full Version : Chinese man eaten by zoo tiger

OMEN
04-07-2008, 09:48 AM
BEIJING - A tiger devoured a mentally ill man who entered the animal's zoo cage in northeast China, local media reported on Friday.
Zhang Yachun disappeared from his home in Harbin, the capital of Heilongjiang province, on March 24 and five days later police told his parents he had been eaten by a tiger in a nearby zoo, the China news service reported, citing a Harbin newspaper.

"Only two legs and his skull were left," the report said.

Zhang's grieving parents said their 37-year-old son suffered mental illness and "especially loved tigers".

China has a poor record of keeping people away from dangerous zoo and circus animals.

In February, a circus lion ripped a 10-year-old boy's arm off after grabbing him through the bars of its cage.

Last year, 16 government officials were sacked after a boy was eaten alive at a crocodile enclosure in southern China. And a zoo tiger attacked a 6-year-old girl waiting to have her picture taken with the animal, biting her head and killing her.

Reuters

Jodes
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
that is awful. :shock:

Black Widow
04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
god dont they not have a certain distance for them to stand..

i bet the have a eat me sign on them

Pretty Fly Guy
04-08-2008, 12:50 AM
I honestly could care less that these people are killed by these animals. Animals shouldn't be kept in artificial habitats for the amusement of man anyway. If you put yourself in a situation where you are close to a dangerous beast you deserve what you get, its Darwins theory of Evolution. The worst part is that they kill the animals due to other people stupidity.

Slash
04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Daft Tiger, he'll only be hungry again in an hour!

JohnCenaFan28
04-09-2008, 10:53 PM
That's terrible, this is why I'm against holding animals captive...just let them be in the wild!

Will
04-10-2008, 02:39 AM
That's terrible, this is why I'm against holding animals captive...just let them be in the wild!

Where exactly is this "wild" that all of these animals are going to go back to? The human population has reached 6.6 billion with an annual increase of 77 million people a year. At the pace we are going there is very little 'wild areas" left and they are shrinking every year. Its not far fetched to think that zoo's and habitats will one day be the only safe havens for animals.The protective environment for animals, especially as the species get more endangered, and the educational aspects of zoo's make them necessary institutions.